Singapore Airlines - About us
About Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines' Mission Statement
"Singapore Airlines is a global company dedicated to providing air transportation services of the highest quality and to maximising returns for the benefit of its shareholders and employees."
Singapore Airlines has come a long way since our founding in 1972, evolving from a regional airline to one of the most respected travel brands around the world. We fly one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world to destinations spanning a network spread over six continents, with our Singapore Girl as our internationally-recognisable icon providing the high standards of care and service that customers have come to expect of us.
We have made a habit of leading the way, and along the way developed a reputation for being an industry trendsetter. Our ever-growing list of industry-leading innovations includes the following firsts:
- First to offer free headsets, a choice of meals and free drinks in Economy Class, in the 1970s
- First to introduce satellite-based inflight telephones in 1991
- First to involve a comprehensive panel of world-renowned chefs, the International Culinary Panel, in developing inflight meals in 1998
- First to offer audio and video on demand (AVOD) capabilities on KrisWorld in all classes in October 2001
- First to operate the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight between Singapore and Los Angeles in February 2004 on the A340-500, and then surpassing the record (in terms of distance) later that year with the non-stop service to New York (Newark), in June 2004
- First to fly the A380 from Singapore to Sydney on 25 October 2007