Internet access, text and multimedia messaging
Surf, tweet or send a text message on your flight! Now you can take the world with you, simply by using your phone, laptop or tablet, just like you would on the ground. These services are progressively made available on our A380 and Boeing 777-300ER fleet. The cabin crew on your flight will make an announcement if your flight is equipped with connectivity.
How can I access the Internet through Wi-Fi?
1. Enable Wi-Fi on your laptop, tablet or smartphone and select the “OnAir” network.
2. Launch your web browser to display the log-in web portal.
3. Select your preferred price plan and usage option.
4. Create a user name and password, and enter your credit card details.
5. After the payment is complete, click ‘Connect’ and enjoy surfing!
How can I send a text or multimedia message?
1. Enable ‘Cellular data’ in your phone’s network settings and ensure that your mobile phone is not set to flight mode.
2. Connect to the “OnAir” or “90115” network signal.
3. Reply to the welcome message containing the case-sensitive code. You will only receive this message if your mobile service provider has a roaming agreement with OnAir.
4. Enter ‘+’ followed by the country code before sending a message.
5. Enable ‘Data roaming’ only if you wish to send a multimedia message or access data services through your mobile service provider.
Price Plans & Billing
For Internet access through Wi-Fi:
The price plans are available on the connectivity portal when you connect to the onboard hotspot. These price plans are currently only valid on the flight sector that they are purchased on. For example, a price plan purchased on SQ12 from Singapore to Narita cannot be continued on the next sector, from Narita to Los Angeles.
For text and multi-media messaging:
Roaming charges are determined by your local mobile service provider and will be reflected in your mobile phone bill. Please check the roaming rates from your mobile service provider's website prior to your flight.
StarHub Mobile Customers can now enjoy more savings!
Enjoy 100MB of data at just S$25 daily* or S$0.60 per SMS. Learn more about this promotion here.
*Timer resets daily at 00:00 hours (SIN time, GMT+8)
Other Frequently Asked Questions and Important Tips
Why is it now safe to use mobile phones on the aircraft?
The onboard connectivity system has been tested and certified by various aviation authorities to allow the use of mobile phones during the flight, without impact to aircraft systems. However, during taxi, take-off and landing, all electronic devices must still be switched off to comply with safety regulations.
Will the service be available throughout the flight?
The service can only operate when the aircraft is at cruising altitude and is flying over international waters or authorised countries. Please refer to the map at the back of your KrisWorld magazine for information on where the service is available. Our service provider, OnAir, is working to obtain authorisations from the remaining countries.
How do I avoid incurring unexpected charges?
When signing up for a Wi-Fi price plan, select the usage option that will automatically disconnect your session once your data limit has been reached.
You may also wish to switch off any automatic application updates and log out of your session if you are temporarily not using the service. Your user name and password will be required to log back in later during the flight.