Fly across the network and win - Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus
In the last 15 years the Star Alliance network has grown from 5 to over 25 member airlines. To celebrate Star Alliance's 15th anniversary and network reach, we are inviting you, as a valued PPS Club and KrisFlyer member, and a Star Alliance frequent traveller, to take part in the Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus.
Every PPS Club and KrisFlyer member is eligible to take part in this Star Alliance promotion, of which Singapore Airlines is a participating airline.
Earn KrisFlyer miles with as many Star Alliance member airlines between 14 May and 14 November 2012 to have the chance to become one of the 15 lucky winners. Simply provide your KrisFlyer number when you book or check in for your Star Alliance flight.
The top fifteen PPS Club and KrisFlyer members who earn KrisFlyer miles on the most number of Star Alliance member airlines will stand to win 15,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles each.
On behalf of the Star Alliance network, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Alliance. Find out how else you can celebrate with the Star Alliance network at staralliance.com.
If you would like to become a KrisFlyer member, please register here.
Terms and Conditions
1. This Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to all members of any Star Alliance member airline Frequent Flyer Programme (“FFP”) aged 18 and over only. Employees of Star Alliance Services GmbH (“Star GmbH”), or Star Alliance member airlines and their agents and distributors; employees of marketing and media agencies contracted by Star GmbH; and anyone else connected with this Promotion are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. The Promotion starts at 3pm (GMT+8) on 14 May 2012 and ends at 6.59am (GMT+8) on 15 November 2012 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
3. By entering the Promotion, you confirm that you have understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Please retain these Terms for your reference.
4. All decisions made by Singapore Airlines Limited in all matters regarding this Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. As a PPS Club or KrisFlyer member, you (the “Entrant”) are automatically entered into the Promotion. If you wish to opt out from the Promotion, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Opt-out from Star Alliance 15th Anniversary Frequent Flyer Bonus Promotion”.
7. Once entered, the number of different Star Alliance member airlines on which you fly during the Promotion will be monitored and calculated by Singapore Airlines Limited, using the record of your flight activities as tracked by Singapore Airlines Limited through KrisFlyer.
8. In order to accurately ascertain the number of different Star Alliance member airlines on which you flew during the Promotion, you must ensure that each Eligible Flight (as defined below) you take during the Promotion’s duration is correctly recorded on your KrisFlyer account. We advise that you ask your travel agent or booking agent to enter this information at the time of booking. In addition, please show your membership card when you check in for your flights.
9. The entry is restricted to one entry per valid FFP membership of any Star Alliance member airline FFP (therefore, if you are a member of more than one Star Alliance member airline FFP, you may submit more than one entry to the Promotion).#160;
10. The 15 winners (“Winners”) from the KrisFlyer programme will be those 15 Entrants who flew Eligible Flights on the greatest number of different Star Alliance member airlines during the Promotion, regardless of the timing of registration within the Promotion’s duration, and who accrued the mileage earned on these Eligible Flights on their KrisFlyer accounts.
11. If the 15th and the 16th potential Winners flew Eligible Flights on the same number of different Star Alliance member airlines, the 15th Winner will be the Entrant who reached that winning number of Star Alliance member airlines flown on the earliest date.
12. If the 15th and the 16th potential Winners flew on the same number of Star Alliance member airlines and reached that winning number of Star Alliance member airlines flown on the same date, the 15th Winner will be the Entrant who accrued the greatest number of miles of Eligible Flights during the Promotion’s duration. An “Eligible Flight” is any flight eligible for mileage or points accrual under the KrisFlyer programme.
13. KrisFlyer miles for all Eligible Flights flown during the Promotion period must be accrued by 14 December 2012. Any missing KrisFlyer miles requested to be credited after 14 December 2012 for Eligible Flights flown during the Promotion’s duration will not count towards the number of Star Alliance member airlines flown during the Promotion.
14. Winners will be notified through any contact details provided during the registration process or data held in KrisFlyer’s database within 2 months after the Closing Date.#160;
15. The prize will be 15,000 KrisFlyer miles (“Prize”) credited to each Winner’s registered KrisFlyer account, through which that Winner was registered in the Promotion.
16. There are 15 Prizes available to eligible PPS Club and KrisFlyer members. The Prize is not transferable, is not redeemable for cash and there is no cash alternative. The Prize will be credited in whole to the Winner’s KrisFlyer account only and may not be split across any other FFP account. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that Singapore Airlines Limited reserves the right to amend or modify the Prize, or substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the intended Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond its reasonable control.
17. 15,000 KrisFlyer miles will be awarded to the account through which you were registered for the Promotion. The KrisFlyer miles are not transferrable to any other account within the same FFP or to any other FFP on any other Star Alliance member airline or any other airline. Redemption, spending and other use of the miles is subject at all times to the PPS Club & KrisFlyer Terms & Conditions, unless otherwise stated.
18. A Winner may reject the Prize within 7 days after the notification by sending an email to email@example.com. Upon receipt of the rejection, the Prize will be deducted from the Winner’s KrisFlyer account.
19. The 15,000 KrisFlyer miles credited as a Prize from this Promotion will have a validity period of 1 year from the date that they are credited to the Winner’s account.
20. Each Winner shall be solely responsible to:
• pay any and all taxes associated with its receipt or use of the Prize awarded in this Promotion, including but not limited to country, state, local taxes and VAT;
• pay all relevant airport taxes and airport charges when booking and taking flights using redeemed / spent miles, in accordance with the Promoter’s current FFP terms; and
• indemnify and holding harmless the Promoter from and against any and all damages, losses, costs, injuries and claims arising out of or in connection with any claim or action that arises out of the participation by the Winner in this Promotion or use of the Prize in material breach of these Terms or in material breach of applicable law.
21. Subject to Paragraph 22, you acknowledge that Singapore Airlines Limited, its Prize sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors shall not be liable:
• except to the maximum extent permitted by law; and
• for medical expenses incurred no matter under which circumstances; and
• for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by participants as a result of entering into this Promotion or accepting and utilizing the Prize; and
• for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by a matter outside its reasonable control or any other circumstance amounting to a force majeure event.
22. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes, or will be deemed to limit or exclude, Singapore Airlines Limited’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or liability that may not otherwise be limited or excluded by law.
23. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Prizes are awarded “as is” and without conditions, warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty or condition of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose).
24. Singapore Airlines Limited may, at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, amend or modify these Terms and may also suspend, interrupt, terminate or discontinue this Promotion at any time (as it may reasonably deem necessary due to circumstances beyond its control) without notice or liability to anyone. This applies in particular in the event of any circumstances that disrupt the Promotion or prevent it from proceeding as planned.
25. At any time during the Promotion, Singapore Airlines Limited reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any participant for failure to observe any of the Terms including but not limited to cases where the Promoter believes the participant to be engaged in any kind of illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative Winner selected by Singapore Airlines Limited.
27. All personal data provided in the course of this Promotion is collected by Singapore Airlines Limited, and may be used and stored by Singapore Airlines, Limited outside of your country of residence, for the purposes of this Promotion as set out in these Terms, and you consent to this collection, use and export of your personal data for the purposes set out in these Terms.
28. Singapore Airlines Limited shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of any other Star Alliance member airline or any supplier or other third party, nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Promotion, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any illegible, lost, delayed or incomplete entries, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
29. If any of these provisions in these Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of law then such term shall be deleted from these Terms, and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
30. This Promotion and any disputes relating to it will be governed by the laws of Singapore. The courts of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction.#160;