Facebook competition: ‘Win a weekend away in Wellington’
1. Introduction: These conditions of entry (Conditions) govern the above promotion run by Singapore Airlines Ltd, ABN 52 001 056 195 at Level 20, 66 – 68 Goulburn St, Sydney, NSW, 2000 (Promoter). Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions. Entry is via the Singapore Airlines Facebook page only.
2. Entrants: Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter, its related entities, retailers, suppliers, providers and agencies who are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. Promotional Period and Draw Date: The promotion starts on 17:30pm 08/03/2019 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 15/03/2019 (Promotional Period). All entries received during the Promotional Period which comply with the requirements of these Conditions (Entry or Entries) shall enter to win a prize as described below. The winning Entry will be chosen on the basis of being the best answer on 19/03/2019 (Draw Date). The results will be final.
4. How to enter: To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. Comment on the Promotional Post, answering the question in the Post comment box, answering the creative question, tell us “why you’d love to go to Wellington?”
5. Costs of entry: There are no additional costs charged by the Promoter to enter the promotion. Associated costs with participating in the promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the internet service provider used.
6. When entry is accepted: Internet entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
7. Prize: Two (2) return airfares on Singapore Airlines ex-Melbourne, Australia to Wellington, New Zealand, one-night weekend stay in an Executive Suite including full cooked breakfast for two at West Plaza Hotel, plus two (2) Wellington City Passes.
The specific terms and conditions around redeeming the flight are as follows:
• Travel must be on a Singapore Airlines-operated service.
• The tickets are for travel in Economy Class and are non-upgradeable using either frequent flyer miles or cash.
• The tickets must be issued prior to 31 March 2019.
• All travel is to be completed on or before 30 September 2019.
• Changes are not permitted after ticketing.
• These tickets are strictly non-transferable, non-redeemable for cash and will not attract frequent flyer points.
• Regrettably, availability is limited during our peak times, e.g. school holidays, Easter and Christmas, and your preferred dates may not be available.
• Flight reservations should be made at least 4 weeks prior to flight departure. Both passengers must travel together on all flights.
• Flights are subject to availability and confirmation. Any used portion of the tickets after the expiry date shall be deemed null and void/
• The prize includes fuel surcharge but excludes Government and airport charges. Payment for Government taxes and airport charges must be made prior to ticket being issued and are payable by cash or credit card only.
• The prizewinner will be responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, spending money, travel insurance, freight, excess baggage, meals, ground transportation, passport/entry visas and any other expenses.
• It is the responsibility of the prizewinners to be in possession of valid travel documents and/or entry visas for their chosen destination.
The specific terms and conditions around redeeming the accommodation and Wellington City Pass are as follows:
• Accommodation voucher must be redeemed by 01 March 2020.
• Wellington City Pass will be purchased for two (2) adults and available to collect from the Accommodation front desk upon arrival. See further information here: https://www.wellingtonnz.com/discover/plan-trip-to-wellington/wellington-city-pass/
8. Awarding of Prizes: A Prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion. The verification tests and procedures shall be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
9. Notification of winner/s: The winner will be notified by a comment on the winning entry within two (2) business days of the Draw Date (or the re-draw date, if relevant) that they have won a Prize. The comment will request the Winner sends Singapore Airlines a direct message, to then receive information on how their Prize is to be delivered or collected. All reasonable steps to notify the winner of the results of the promotion will be taken by the Promoter. If a Prize is not claimed by the relevant winner or the relevant winner cannot be readily identified to the Promoter’s satisfaction within two (2) days of the Draw Date, that winner will be taken to have forfeited their Prize, and the promotion will be re-drawn within one (1) day in respect of the forfeited Prize at the same time and place as the original draw.
10. Prize taken at winner’s risk: All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Prize, are the responsibility of the winner. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to accept or use any part of the Prize as stated for whatever reason. Any part of the Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
11. Verification of Entrant: Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
12. Validity of Entry: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all Entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process or Promotional Website; (b) submitting an Entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. Prohibited entries: The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promotional Website or the information on the Promotional Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
14. Where promotion cannot proceed: If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original Prize.
15. Exclusion of liability: The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability (including for negligence, but excluding any liability that cannot be excluded by law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, Prize claims or Prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of a Prize.
16. Intellectual property rights: An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
17. Governing law: Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the promotion and these Conditions are governed by the laws of Australia.
#DrinkWELLinMEL: a virtual reality tasting
Wednesday, 20 February 2019 - Sunday, 24 February 2019
Whitehart Bar, 22 Whitehart Lane, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Want a wine tasting experience with a twist?
Experience Wellington’s first ever virtual drinks tasting, coming to Melbourne’s coolest laneway bar, Whitehart in the CBD this February.
We’re celebrating almost a year of our direct flight from Melbourne to Wellington with this exciting #DrinkWELLinMelb event.
Taste some of Wellington’s best drinks producers in Melbourne including Ata Rangi, Luna Estate, Palliser Estate, Lighthouse Gin and Garage Project. Each drink is accompanied by a Virtual Reality (VR) headset. Through this unique VR experience, you will be able to explore the vineyards of Wairarapa, experience a hands-on gin distillery and discover a hidden brewery in the centre of Wellington city.
To experience this, entry is free and no RSVPs are required. All you have to do is come by, and ask at the bar for the Wellington Drinks Flight. $22 for the full flight.
For more information contact SingaporeAirlines@liquidideas.com.au
Located in the heart of the city, Whitehart Bar is a unique space featuring luscious greenery and an industrial feel. At the end of Whitehart Lane, this converted carpark is the perfect spot for a drink.
- Find out more
- Whitehart Bar
Discover more about Wellington
Wellington is New Zealand’s pride and joy; Lonely Planet calls it the “coolest little capital”, and the city’s indie culture does put it front and centre on the world stage. From first-class cinematic talents to a sophisticated craft beer scene, Wellington's draw is its unassuming, relaxed vibe.
- Find out more
- Destination Guide
Fly the world's most awarded airline
We're proud and humbled to be recognised for our commitment to service excellence. In 2018, we received the honours of ‘World’s Best Airline' in the prestigious Skytrax World Airline Awards 2018, and ‘Best Airline in the World' in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2018.