Customer service plan
This Customer Service Plan has been introduced pursuant to the US Department of Transportation Final Rule on Enhancing Airline Passenger Protections II, and is applicable for flights to and from the US.
- Singapore Airlines will always disclose on our website, at our ticket counters, and on our phone reservation line, that the lowest fare offered may be located elsewhere.
- Singapore Airlines shall deliver baggage on time, make every reasonable attempt to return mishandled baggage within 24 hours, compensate passengers for reasonable expenses associated with delayed delivery as required by applicable international agreements, refund any baggage fee the passenger paid if the bag is lost.
- Singapore Airlines will provide prompt refunds after receiving a complete refund application, where ticket refunds are due - within seven business days for credit card purchases and within 20 business days for purchases made by cash or check- including refunds for fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger was unable to use due to a flight cancellation or oversales situation.
- Singapore Airlines shall accommodate customers with disabilities as required by 14 CFR Part 382 and other special needs customers, including during lengthy tarmac delays. This will include:
- Provision of wheelchair assistance for transportation to, from, and between gates;
- Boarding assistance;
- Assistance with visual, auditory, cognitive, or mobility impairments while in the airport and on the plane; and
- Accommodation for certain medical requirements such as medical portable electronic devices.
- Singapore Airlines shall meet the needs of customers during lengthy tarmac delays, as provided in Singapore Airlines’ Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan.
- Singapore Airlines will inform you, upon your request, if the flight on which you are ticketed is overbooked. We also will provide information at all US airports about our policies and procedures for handling situations when all ticketed customers cannot be accommodated on a flight, and will handle passengers denied boarding with fairness and consistency in accordance with our policies.
- Singapore Airlines’ cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, aircraft seating configuration and lavatory availability are available on our website and, upon request, from our telephone reservation system.
- Singapore Airlines shall notify consumers in a timely manner of changes to their travel itineraries.
- Singapore Airlines shall ensure responsiveness to consumer complaints. We shall acknowledge a complaint within 30 days and provide a substantive response within 60 days of receiving it.
- In the event that Singapore Airlines cancels, diverts or delays a flight, Singapore Airlines will, to the best of our ability, provide meals, accommodation, assistance in rebooking and transportation to the accommodation to mitigate inconveniences experienced by passengers resulting from such flight cancellations, delays and misconnections. Singapore Airlines will not be liable to carry out these mitigating efforts in cases where the flight cancellations, delays and misconnections arise due to factors beyond the airline’s control, for example, acts of God, acts of war, terrorism etc., but will do so on a best effort basis.
- Singapore Airlines will notify consumers through our web site, telephone reservation system, and our boarding gates at US airports, within 30 minutes of us learning of a delay, cancellation or diversion.
- Singapore Airlines will allow consumers to cancel a reservation made using the Singapore Airlines web site without penalty for 24 hours after the reservation is made, as long as that reservation is made one week or more prior to a flight’s scheduled departure. Consumers will need to call our contact centre to cancel such online bookings.
- Singapore Airlines will allow consumers to hold without payment a reservation made at a Singapore Airlines reservation office for 24 hours after the reservation is made, as long as that reservation is made one week or more prior to a flight’s scheduled departure.