Frequently asked questions
Your travel insurance basics
Travel Guard Insurance for Singapore Airlines is a travel insurance product exclusively designed for Singapore Airlines passengers. It protects you from unexpected events during your trip which include medical expense, personal accident, travel inconvenience, life-style and value-add benefits.
This product is underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company.
Travel Guard insurance is available to ALL Singapore Airlines passengers who are flying out of Thailand for trips no longer than 180 Days.
Travel Guard Insurance for Singapore Airlines is available on singaporeair.com for Thailand-originating flights. Simply add Travel Insurance while booking your flight on singaporeair.com or add travel insurance (any time before departure date) through Managing Bookings or contacting Travel Guard at +66 2649-1999
Yes, you’ll be able to purchase insurance. We will use your furthest destination to determine the most appropriate travel insurance plan for your itinerary.
Yes, you’re eligible to purchase insurance. One-way flights will be considered as a day-trip and you will be able to enjoy all our comprehensive benefits while you are in transit.
Your travel insurance benefits
Your travel insurance coverage begins and ends based on the type of trip you are taking.
- If you are traveling one-way, your coverage shall commence 2 hours* before you depart Thailand and ends upon the arrival of your Singapore Airlines flight at the destination.
- If you are traveling round-trip, your coverage shall commence 2 hours* before you depart Thailand and continue until you return to your residence within Thailand or within 2 hours following your arrival in Thailand or until the expiry date of the insured period, whichever is the earliest.
- If you are traveling to multiple destinations, your coverage shall commence 2 hours* before you depart Thailand and continue untill you return to your residence within Thailand or within 2 hours following your arrival in Thailand or until the expiry date of the insured period, whichever is the earliest.
*Remark: "2 hours before departure" and "2 hours following your arrival" - covers only Personal Accident and Permanent Disablement (TA 6)
- We offer these outstanding benefits and features:
Benefits described below are subject to the full terms and conditions of this travel insurance policy.
- 24/7 Emergency Assistance
Round-the-clock assistance for medical emergencies.
- Medical Expense Incurred Overseas
Covers injury from accident or sickness incurred overseas which requires inpatient or outpatient medical treatment. This does not cover pre-existing conditions.
- Medical Expense Incurred in Thailand
- In case you have not had medical treatment for injury or sickness while overseas, you are covered if you need to get medical treatment in Thailand within 7 days from date of arrival in Thailand - up to 21 days.
- In case you have ever been treated since being overseas, you have up to 21 days commencing from the date of arrival in Thailand to receive continuous treatment in Thailand.
- Hospital Visitation
In the event that you are required to get medical treatment while overseas as a hospital inpatient for more than 5 consecutive days and no adult member of your family is with you, the company will pay for transportation, hotel accommodation and food expense for 2 family members or a friend to visit you overseas.
- Overseas Hospital Confinement Benefit
In the event that you are required to receive medical treatment while overseas as a hospital inpatient, the company will pay daily compensation of 3,000 baht/day. In case you are required to receive further medical treatment in Thailand as an inpatient, the company will pay daily compensation to you of 1,000 baht/day.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Cover for evacuation needed by you based on the suitable method necessary or upon the advice of AIG Travel Asia Pacific Assistance Center (24-hours service).
- Repatriation of mortal remains covers you if/when you get injured or sick during your trip resulting in death within 30 days commencing from the date of injury or sickness.
- Personal Accident and Permanent Disablement
Covers loss or damage due to bodily injury caused by accident resulting in death, dismemberment or total permanent disability within 180 days from the date of accident. The coverage commences 2 hours before departure from Thailand and continues until 2 hours after arrival in Thailand.
- Travel Inconvenience Benefits
We offer a wide range of travel inconvenience benefits, including:
- Trip Cancellation Expenses
The company willl reimburse you for travel deposit, advance purchase of ticket and/or accommodation pre-paid for policies that were taken at least 7 days before departure, in case of trip cancellation from:
-Death or serious injury or serious sickness of you or family member, riot or receiving summons to be present as a witness in a court of law within 30 days before departure.
-In the event that your permanent place of residence is seriously damaged from a natural disaster within 7 days before departure.
- Trip Curtailment Expenses including Aircraft Hijacking
Covers additional expenses pre-paid flight and accommodation during the trip and/or fines or expenses subsequently incurred from returning earlier to Thailand caused by injury/sickness, aircraft hijacking, injury or sickness of your family members, natural disaster, strike, quarantine as suggested by the physician
- Travel Missed Connecting Flight
In the event that you missed your connecting flight due to the late arrival of a previously scheduled confirmed flight and no other substitute conveyance for onward transportation is available to you within 8 hours upon arrival, the company will compensate you for the cost of hotel, food and beverage (not including any air ticket related expenses incurred).
- Travel Delay
Cover in case of delay of departure of at least 6 full consecutive hours due to insurable reasons, we will compensate for 10% of sum insured at every 6 full consecutive hours.
- Baggage Delay
Cover for expense for emergency purchase of essential clothing or toiletries if your baggage is delayed for more than 8 hours from your arrival.
- Damage or Loss of Personal Baggage
Covers damage or loss of personal effects caused by hotel staff or common carrier or as a result of serious forceful taking.
- Damage or Loss of Luggage, Property including Computer Notebook from Natural Disasters
Cover for loss or damage of property and computer notebook carried with you during your trip overseas which sustained damage from natural disasters (e.g. typhoon, earthquake, etc.).
- Personal Liability
Covers personal liability for loss or damage to a third person while overseas due to accident which you are liable for according to the law.
- Emergency Telephone Call Charges
Cover for actual expenses incurred from using personal mobile phone during medical emergency situation to contact AIG Travel Asia Pacific Assistance Center (24-hours service).
- Lifestyle & Value-Add Benefits
Our comprehensive policy also includes these additional benefits & services:
- Rental Vehicle Excess
Covers any excess of Comprehensive Automobile Insurance Policy for vehicle rented from a licensed car rental operator.
Yes! You’ll be covered for sickness-related medical expenses while you are overseas. To learn more about your medical expenses benefit, please view the full terms and conditions of your policy.
- In case you have never received medical treatment for such injury or sickness overseas, you must receive treatment in Thailand within 7 days commencing from the date of arrival in Thailand and such continuous treatment shall not exceed 21 days commencing from the first date of receiving treatment in Thailand.
- In case you have ever been treated since being overseas, you have up to 21 days commencing from the date of arrival in Thailand to receive continuous treatment in Thailand
Yes! You can still add travel insurance to your booking even if you have a pre-existing condition. However, some benefits will exclude these pre-existing medical conditions from its coverage. For more details, please view the full terms and conditions of your policy.
The Trip Cancellation, Postponement and Curtailment benefits in your policy only cover the non-refundable portion of your air fare and other trip costs if you have to cancel or postpone your trip due to valid insurance reasons. This includes serious sickness or death in your family that would prohibit you from continuing with your trip. To learn more about this benefit, please view the full terms and conditions of your policy.
After purchasing your policy
Click here to view or download your Policy Wordings in PDF Format.
There’s no need to worry! You don’t need to bring a copy of your Insurance Confirmation on your trip. All you need is your Confirmation Number and our 24-hour Emergency Assistance Number +662 649-1346
If you would still like to receive a copy of your Insurance Confirmation for your records, please e-mail us at email@example.com your request including your Full Name, Date of Purchase, Confirmation Number (if available), Travel Dates and E-mail Address. You can also call our Customer Service Hotline at +662 649-1999 from Monday - Friday, 8.30AM – 5.00PM.
Please don’t forget to contact us to make the corresponding changes to your travel insurance policy before travelling. You can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service Hotline at +662 649-1999 from Monday - Friday, 8.30AM – 5.00PM.
In this case, there is no need to inform us of the changes, AIG will base its coverage under your new flight booking.
Please include the following documents (Travel Insurance Policy, Previous Booking Itinerary and Latest Booking Itinerary) in the e-mail for reference. The travel insurance policy changes may affect the premium amount, and the policy changes and new premium collection must be done before travelling. In case you fail to inform us of the changes, AIG will cover you under your latest travel insurance policy.
Please include the following documents (Travel Insurance Policy, Previous Booking Itinerary and Latest Booking Itinerary) in the e-mail for reference. In the case that the new premium after the reduction of travelling days is lower than the original one, AIG will provide coverage based on the new flight itinerary without refunding the difference in the premiums.
Your travel insurance policy is very flexible and allows for most changes made to your trip. Please do note that changes to your policy must be done in conjunction with changes made to your Singapore Airlines flight booking. However all changes to your policy are prohibited after your departure date.
Yes! We allow policy cancellations as long as the request to do so is made prior to your departure date.
If you would like to cancel your policy, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or call our Customer Service Hotline at +662 649-1999 from Monday - Friday, 8.30AM - 5PM.
Cancellation request requires following documents, please attach it in the e-mail for further action.
- Copy of ID Card or Passport with your signature
- Your Travel Insurance Policy
Please don’t worry! The Singapore Airlines Website does not reflect the latest status of your policy. Please refer to the latest policy change or policy cancellation confirmation sent by AIG for the most updated version of your policy.
If you would still like to verify the latest status of your policy, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t worry! We will honour your coverage as long as your premium has already been collected by the Singapore Airlines Website.
For most cases, we will immediately confirm your travel insurance policy online. However, if that was not the case, please call our Customer Service Hotline at +662 649-1999 from Monday - Friday, 8.30AM – 5.00PM so that we can finalize your travel insurance application over the phone.
Let us take care of you
Please call our 24-hour Emergency Assistance Hotline (+662 649-1346) and we will ensure that you get the necessary assistance. Please don’t forget that you can use call collect to avoid direct charges.
If you require hospital treatment, please make sure that you keep original copies of your receipts when you return to Thailand to ensure a smoother refund process.
To file a claim, you can download our Notice of Claim Forms online and follow the simple instructions included in the document. For questions about your claim, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call our Customer Service Hotline at +662 649 1999 from Monday - Friday, 8.30AM – 5.00PM.
Please be mindful that you need to file your claims no later than thirty (30) days after the occurrence of the claimable event.
As a Singapore Airlines customer, your claims will be processed with high priority. We promise to complete the claims review process within twenty (20) working days* following the receipt of all required documents.
- AIG will pay claim subject to terms, exclusions, and conditions of Travel Guard Policy Wording.
*This travel insurance product is underwritten by New Hampshire Insurance Company.