Changi Transit Privileges
Enjoy a transit like no other
Your transit experience at Singapore Changi Airport is now more rewarding! From now till 31 March 2020, receive S$20 transit voucher to offset your shopping and save up to S$120 on shopping and dining during your transit at Changi Airport, when you travel on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Air New Zealand*.
*Applicable to selected flights only.
The transit voucher is valid for use at all retail and service outlets in the transit and public areas of Singapore’s Changi Airport (exclusions apply), or can be redeemed for one-time access to the Ambassador Lounge at Terminals 2 or 3 for up to two hours. The Ambassador Lounge provides shower facilities (including basic toiletries), light refreshments, reading material and complimentary WiFi.
For transit passengers arriving into Changi Airport between 1 October 2019 and 30 March 2020 (both dates inclusive):
- You will receive a transit voucher worth S$20 from all points of origin of your entire return trip.
- You will receive two transit vouchers worth S$20 each, one of which is applicable for Liquor, Perfumes or Cosmetics purchases only, if the point of origin of your entire return trip is from China (Mainland).
WAYS TO SPEND THE TRANSIT VOUCHERS
The transit vouchers can be used at all participating retail outlets in the transit and public areas of Changi Airport (except for outlets in the Exclusion List) or can be redeemed for one-time access to the Ambassador Transit Lounge located in the transit areas of Terminals 2 or 3 for up to two (2) hours; as well as selected spa and massage services at Spa Express in Terminal 2.
Here are some recommended ways to spend the transit vouchers, with no minimum spend at all!
Save up to S$120 when you shop and dine at Terminal 2 and 3
Further enjoy an additional S$10 off at Shilla, get a book at WHSmith with a $5 discount or a complimentary cup of coffee at Hudsons Coffee during your transit. Refer to other terms and conditions on the discount leaflet given together with the transit voucher, while stock lasts.
Shilla Cosmetics & Perfumes Duplex store and Beauty Loft, Terminal 3
SK-II spa at Shilla Beauty Loft, Terminal 3
- 40 minutes Sauna & Shower
- 10 minutes Anti-Stress / Upper Back massage
- 20% Discounts on subsequent treatments
- Public area: All hotel reservation counters, all car rental counters, all Passenger Meeting Services counters, Banks, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Telecommunications outlets (e.g. M1 Shop), Pay-Per-Use Lounge (e.g. The Haven by JetQuay), Top-Up Card Machines and Services (e.g. Kopitiam Card, Coffee Bean Cards, cash cards etc), Ground Transport Services, MindChamps PreSchool, Planet Traveller, Travel Services (e.g. Seiki Travel) and Wan Yang Foot Reflexology.
- Transit area: Airline Lounges, Airport Wellness Oasis, Be Relax, all Hermes outlets in Changi Airport, Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 1), Transit Hotels and Samsung.
- Both public and transit areas: All dining outlets (e.g quick bite kioks, cafes, food courts, restuarants, canteens and bars), all supermarkets and convenience stores, all left baggage counters, all money-changing counters, Changi Recommends, Dry-cleaning Services, Medical Services, Postage Services, Tobacco Purchases and Temporary Retail Outposts.
With effect from 1 August 2016, pursuant to Section 9A of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (Cap. 309), transit vouchers cannot be used for the purchase of tobacco products in Changi Airport.
Collection Terms and Conditions
- Passengers whose transit (through Singapore) itinerary was issued over two or more separate e-tickets must present all the e-tickets to the relevant staff for verification. Changi Airport Group reserves the right to reject any attempts to collect the transit voucher for reasons including, but not restricted to, insufficient supporting documents. In this regard, Changi Airport Group’s decision shall be final.
- Passengers can only collect the transit voucher once for their eligible itinerary.
- Codeshare flights with 4-digits flight numbers starting with SQXXXX or MIXXX but operated by non-participating airlines are not eligible.
- Point of origin refers to the country of the departing flight on participating airlines before a passenger arrives at Singapore for the entire trip.
- Passengers can only collect the transit voucher for their current trip. Collections for past trips or advance collection for future trips will not be accepted.
- The campaign runs from now till 31 March 2020 and collection of the transit voucher must be done before 31 March 2020:
- The transit voucher will expire 6 months from the date of issuance or by April 2020, whichever is earlier. Any request to extend or replace the transit voucher will not be accepted.
- The transit voucher may not be used with any ongoing in-store promotions.
- The transit voucher may be used in conjunction with Singapore Airlines/SilkAir Boarding Pass Privileges.
- Eligible transit passengers arriving in Changi Airport between 1 October 2019 and 31 March 2020 (both dates inclusive) will receive transit voucher worth S$20 from all points of origin of the entire return trip. Eligible transit passengers whose point of origin of the entire return trip is China (Mainland) will receive two transit vouchers worth S$20 each, one of which is applicable for Liquor, Perfumes or Cosmetics purchases only.
- Changi Airport Group reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Passengers travelling on Singapore Airlines (SQ) and/or SilkAir (MI) ticketed and operated flights into and out of Singapore with 13 digits e-ticket numbers begin with 618, 629 or 086. This benefit will also be extended to passengers taking the following flight numbers: SQ4281, SQ4282, SQ4283, SQ4284, SQ4295, SQ4296, NZ281, NZ282, NZ283, NZ284, NZ295 or NZ296 (operated by Air New Zealand) and TR596 or TR597 (operated by Scoot).
- Passengers must be on transit in Changi Airport on both legs of their journey, which means Singapore is neither the point of origin nor the end destination. Transit passengers on one-way journey or ticket are not eligible. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
(ii) “London – Singapore – London” is not eligible;
- Transit means a layover at Changi Airport of not more than 24 hours. This is calculated from the Scheduled Time of Arrival (STA) of the arriving flight into Changi Airport to the Scheduled Time of Departure (STD) of the connecting departure flight out of Changi Airport.
- Passengers who are on transit at Changi Airport for only one leg of the journey must originate and return to the same country on the aforesaid participating airlines via Changi Airport. Such passenger must present proof of travel by land or sea from/to Singapore (e.g. booking confirmation, invoice, ticket) and three (3) flight sectors via Changi Airport. For example, a passenger whose journey is:
(i) “Mumbai – Singapore, Kuala Lumpur – Singapore – Mumbai” AND Singapore – Kuala Lumpur is by land or sea AND proofs of land or sea transfers are presented, is eligible;
(ii) “Beijing – Singapore, Bangkok – Singapore –Shanghai” AND Singapore – Bangkok is by sea AND proofs of land or sea transfers are presented, is eligible;
(iii) “Shanghai – Singapore – Perth, Singapore – Shanghai” in a single ticket BUT “Perth – Singapore” is by other airline, is not eligible;
- Passengers must be above 2 years old at the point of ticket issuance.
Collection of Vouchers
Passengers eligible for the transit vouchers can proceed to the iShopChangi Collection Centres which are open 24 hours daily in the transit areas of Terminals 2 and 3.
Please present your passport, boarding passes and all e-tickets showing your full itinerary, as well as booking confirmation of your land or/and sea transfers, if applicable to collect.