Help and FAQs
Covid-19 related support
Learn more about our latest support measures regarding Covid-19:
Complimentary Rebooking PolicySupport for KrisFlyer members (including miles and membership tier extension)Support for PPS Club members (including membership tier extension)Travel to SingaporeFlights cancelled by Singapore Airlines
For all other travel information regarding Covid-19, visit the Travel Information Centre.
When making your booking with Singapore Airlines, you will have the option to select your seats in advance. Depending on the class of travel, the fare type you choose and your membership tier, you may be required to pay an advance seat selection fee.
If you choose not to select your seats in advance, you may enjoy complimentary seat selection from remaining available seats once online check-in is open, 48 hours before your flight departs.
Passengers in Suites, First Class, and Business Class will enjoy complimentary seat selection at all times. Passengers in Premium Economy Class will enjoy complimentary seat selection, and may pay a fee to select Extra Legroom Seats.
The Economy Flexi fare allows passengers to have access to Economy Standard and Forward Zone Seats for free in advance from time of booking. The Economy Standard fare allows passengers to select in advance Economy Standard Seats for free, while passengers who choose the Economy Lite or Value fare can select Standard or Forward Zone Seats in advance for a small fee.
If you are a PPS Club, KrisFlyer Elite Gold or KrisFlyer Elite Silver member, you can select seats from certain categories in advance for free, in accordance with your membership tier, regardless of the fare type you choose. For more details, please click here.
All passengers travelling with infants in the same booking may select Forward Zone Seats or Standard Seats in advance for free. Passengers with children in the same booking may select Standard Seats in advance for free.
*Applicable only to flights operated by Singapore Airlines
Advance seat selection is dependent on the fare type you choose, and for each segment of your trip.
Any seat you have selected will not change as long as your ticket was issued before 20 January 2018. This applies to all fare types in Economy Class.
If you have not issued your ticket before 20 January 2018, you will have to select a new seat and advance seat selection fees may be applicable, depending on the fare type. If your booking is ticketed before 20 January 2018, any seat you have selected will not change.
If your booking has not been ticketed before 20 January 2018, advance seat selection fees may be applicable depending on your fare type.
Yes, you will be able to select your seats in advance for free.
Advance seat selection fees will vary depending on the seat type selected and the flight. For the fee list, please click here
There are three ways you can purchase a seat selection in advance:
- During the booking process - The cost of your seat selection as applicable will be added to your total fare in your booking summary.
- In the 'Manage Booking' section on singaporeair.com - Enter your booking reference number and last name, and make your selections and payment.
- Get in touch with a Singapore Airlines ticketing office closest to you. Find one here.
In compliance with the flight safety guidelines of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, passengers sitting in seats next to the emergency exit doors must:
- Be at least 15 years of age on the date of the first flight;
- Be fully able-bodied and have sufficient physical dexterity, strength and mobility to open and pass through the emergency exit doors without assistance and without impeding others;
- Be able to follow the safety instructions in English;
- Be in good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight;
- Not be pregnant;
- Not be an unaccompanied minor;
- Not be an elderly or frail person who appears incapable of operating or assisting with the operation of the emergency exit;
- Not be a passenger with restricted mobility, which shall include persons with a physical or intellectual disability, persons who are using wheelchair or other assistive devices, and persons who are impaired due to any other cause as they may endanger themselves or others in the event of an emergency;
- Not be directly responsible for the caring of children, infants, elderly or passengers with restricted mobility;
- Not be a deportee or a prisoner in custody;
- Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight;
- Not require an extension seat belt due to a large body size; and
- Not use the Inflight Entertainment System during aircraft taxi, take-off or landing.
Passengers who select an Emergency Exit Row seat and do not meet any of these criteria at the time of check-in, boarding or during the flight, may be re-assigned to another seat with no refunds.
All seat selections made in advance are not refundable or transferrable to another seat or another flight. If you change to a seat that requires a fee, the amount you paid for your previous selection will not be used to offset your new selection. However, you can change your seat for free from 48 hours up to 1.5 hours before your flight departs, subject to availability.
No, paid seat selections are not refundable.
Due to operational reasons, we may have to deploy other aircraft types in order to keep to the flight schedule. We will do our best to allocate you a similar seat. If you have paid for the seat selection, we will refund you in case we are not able to offer you the selected seat.
Due to operational reasons, we may have to deploy other aircraft types in order to keep to the flight schedule. We will do our best to allocate you a similar seat in the same zone. If you have paid for the seat selection, we will refund you in case we are not able to offer you the selected seat.