Travel with ease of mind
Singapore Airlines values your entire travel experience. In partnership with AIG*, travel Insurance can be easily added to your itinerary on singaporeair.com.
Whether you are on a business trip or a well deserved family vacation, a second is all it takes for your trip to take an unexpected turn for the worse. If things go wrong while you are travelling - from lost laptops to hospital confinement - travel insurance will take care of you.
Travel Insurance on singaporeair.com is exclusively designed for Singapore Airlines passengers.
Key features include:
- One-click online purchase when you make your online flight booking, or through Manage Booking
- Affordable premiums with reliable coverage
- Underwritten by one of the world's largest travel insurance service provider
- Immediate confirmation of insurance purchase via e-mail
Travel insurance on singaporeair.com
Arranging travel insurance is simple and easy:
- You can add travel insurance to your itinerary originating from Hong Kong while you are making your flight booking on singaporeair.com; or
- Add travel insurance by to your itinerary via Manage Booking on singaporeair.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact AIG at (+852) 3666 7022 or visit our FAQ Page.
*This travel insurance product is underwritten by AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited (AIGHK). AIGHK is a licensed insurer authorized to carry on general insurance business in Hong Kong. Singapore Airlines Limited is a travel insurance agent appointed by AIGHK.
Exclusive ratesTravel Guard's comprehensive benefits are available to Singapore Airlines passengers through exclusive rates, especially if you are travelling with an infant and arrange travel insurance through singaporeair.com, your infant will be covered for free!
Summary of benefitsIf you are purchasing a new policy, we have amended the AIG travel insurance policy to cover certain situations pertaining to COVID-19, depending on whether you are purchasing a return trip or a one-way trip. Full terms, conditions and exclusions can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
|Medical Expenses & Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains||Medical Expenses & Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains if you contract COVID-19 while traveling internationally (up to HK $1,937,000).|
|Journey Cancellation||Journey Cancellation up to 90 days before departure for non-refundable travel and or accommodation expenses if you or your immediate family member contracts COVID-19 before your scheduled trip departure date.|
|Journey Curtailment||Journey Curtailment for non-refundable trip costs and additional travel expenses to return to Hong Kong if you or your immediate family member contract COVID-19 while traveling internationally.|
|Out-of-country COVID-19 Diagnosis Quarantine Allowance||Up to HK $1,100/day/person for up to 14 consecutive days if while on a journey, you test positive for COVID-19, and as a result are unexpectedly placed into mandatory Quarantine outside Hong Kong.|
For one-way trips, the ONLY benefit available is Journey Cancellation and Journey Postponement.
How to file an insurance claim
Detailed procedures for filing a claim are included in our Notice of Claims Form.
For COVID-19 related claims, please prepare the following documents:
Medical Expenses & Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains / Out-of-country COVID-19 Diagnosis Quarantine Allowance
- Original hospital / medical bill(s) / receipt(s) / medical report stating diagnosis and the date of the injury/sickness commenced certified by a qualified medical practitioner
- Letter of referral from general practitioner for the medical treatment conducted by specialists, physiotherapists, etc.
Reimbursement of Journey Cancellation / Journey Curtailment
- Copy of original itinerary
- Documentation confirming trip cancellation
- Documentation confirming non-refundable/refunded amount
- Original receipt(s) showing any pre-paid costs or deposits made OR additional travel and/or accommodation expenses incurred after the commencement of the insured journey
- Medical certificate indicating diagnosis and reason that the insured is unfit for travel, if applicable.
- Death certificate, if applicable
- Proof of relationship to the insured, if applicable
Reimbursement of Journey Postponement
- Original documentation / receipts indicating the additional travel and/or accommodation expenses incurred after the commencement of the insured journey
- Documentation from common carrier or travel agent indicating the reason for travel re-arrangement.
- Documentation confirming non-refundable/refunded amount
We offer these outstanding benefits and features:
Benefits described below are subject to the full terms, conditions and exclusions of this travel insurance policy.
|24/7 Emergency Assistance||Round-the-clock assistance for medical emergencies provided by AIG.|
|Emergency Medical Expense & Assistance Benefits||We cover your medical bills (up to HK$800,000 for travel within Asia and up to HK$3,800,000 for travel outside of Asia) if you get sick or encounter an accident while traveling abroad.
|Personal Accident Benefit||This benefit will provide a lump sum cash payment if you suffer a fatal accident or a permanent disability due to an accident during your trip.|
|Travel Inconvenience Benefits||We offer a wide range of travel inconvenience benefits, including:
|Lifestyle & Value-Add Benefits||Our comprehensive policy also includes these additional benefits and services:
Policy Wording and Benefit Table
The full terms and conditions of the Travel Guard Travel Insurance policy for Singapore Airlines can be viewed or downloaded by clicking here.
|Benefit||Maximum Benefits:International||Maximum Benefits:Asia|
|1.Emergency Medical Expenses and Assistance|
|Sub-limit of Follow Up Medical Expenses in Hong Kong||$40,000||$20,000|
|b. Emergency Medical Evacuation||Actual Cost||Actual Cost|
|c. Repatriation of Remains||$80,000||$80,000|
|d. Overseas Hospital Cash||$8,000||$8,000|
|Sub-limit per day:||$800||$800|
|e. Hospital Visitation and Compassionate Visit||$20,000||$12,000|
|f. Emergency Telephone Charges||$400||$400|
|g. Child Guard||$30,000||N/A|
|2. Personal Accident||$600,000||$400,000|
|(For Insured Person under 17, maximum benefit: HK$250,000)|
|3. Journey Cancellation and Interruption|
|a. Journey Cancellation and Journey Postponement||$40,000||$20,000|
|b. Journey Curtailment and Interruption||$40,000||$20,000|
|4. Personal Effects|
|a. Baggage & Personal Effects||$20,000||$12,000|
|Sub-limit for any one article/ pair/ set of articles||$2,000||$2,000|
|b. Personal Money||$3,000||$2,000|
|c. Travel Documents||$20,000||$10,000|
|5. Delay Coverage|
|a. Travel Delay||$4,000||$3,200|
|b. Baggage Delay||$3,000||$3,000|
|6. Personal Liability||$4,000,000||$4,000,000|
|7. Golf Advantage|
|a. Damage or Loss of Golfing Equipment||$3,000||$3,000|
|8. Home Guard||$20,000||$12,000|
|9. Rental Vehicle Excess||$2,000||$1,200|
A plan (International or Asia) is automatically offered based on your furthest destination. These regions are defined as:
- ASIA is defined as travel to Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- INTERNATIONAL is defined as travel to the rest of the world.
Please note that AIG does not cover travel to: Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea or the Crimea region.
Main General Exclusions (applicable to all sections of coverage)
The main general exclusions applicable to all sections of coverage include:
- War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power
- Riding or driving in any kind of motor racing, competition, and Insured Person’s participation in any professional sports to earn remuneration
- Suicide, self-inflicted injury, self-exposure to needless peril
- Childbirth and pregnancy; mental, nervous or sleeping disorders, insanity; alcoholism or drug addiction
- Any Pre-Existing Condition
- Any loss arising from Terrorist Act - except for Section 1 (Emergency Medical Expenses and Assistance) and Section 2 (Personal Accident)
- Excluded Countries: Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea or the Crimea region
- Any Terrorist or member of a terrorist organization, narcotics trafficker, or purveyor of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons
The above information is intended as a general summary of coverage. Please note coverage is subject to full terms and conditions and exclusions stated in the policy (not only those referenced above). Please read the policy for exact terms and conditions and details of the exclusions before making your purchase.
*This travel insurance product is underwritten by AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited (AIGHK). AIGHK is a licensed insurer authorized to carry on general insurance business in Hong Kong. Singapore Airlines Limited is a travel insurance agent appointed by AIGHK. Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved.