Travel Insurance Customer Care & Claims
Below are some useful contact details for your information:
For insurance related enquiries or changes to your policy, please call 0800 800 048 from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.
How to make an insurance claim
As part of your claim, you may be required to:
- Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss
- Produce your policy details
- Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim
Cancellation or curtailment
- If you need to curtail your trip, call 0800 800 048 immediately to get our prior agreement.
- You will need to provide a copy of your original itinerary, your booking confirmation and confirmation of any applicable refunds.
- For claims relating to illness or injury, a medical certificate will need to be completed by the treating doctor. A certified copy of the death certificate is required in the event of death.
- Always contact our 24-hour emergency medical service when you are hospitalised, and require repatriation. Please call +64 9 486 68 68.
- Provide medical evidence from the treating doctor to confirm the illness or injury and treatment given including hospital admission and discharge dates, if this applies.
- If you are advised by a doctor that you cannot go on your pre-booked excursions because of medical reasons, you should obtain a medical certificate from them confirming this.
Singapore Airlines Travel Insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited trading as Allianz Partners (FSP758611) and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia) ("Hollard"). Read AWP Services New Zealand Limited FAP Disclosure statement here.
You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Limited – Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) issued by A.M.Best Company Inc.
The rating scale in summary form is:
|A++, A+ (Superior)|
|A, A- (Excellent)|
|B++, B+ (Good)|
|B, B- (Fair)|
|C++, C+ (Marginal)|
|C, C- (Weak)|
|E (Under Regulatory Supervision)|
|F (In Liquidation)|
Further information on these ratings is available here: www.ambest.com/home/ratings.aspx
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.