Free Singapore Tour
Capture the spirit of Singapore during your transit
Be enthralled by the sights, sound and colours of Singapore during your transit. Take a walk through history at the Merlion Park. Experience a multi-sensory buzz in vibrant Chinatown or bustling Kampong Glam. Enjoy a panoramic view of the city, with a backdrop of the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay.
Choose between two different tour routes during your transit if your transit is 5.5 hours or more. Each tour is 2.5 hours long, and jointly organised by Singapore Airlines, Singapore Tourism Board and Changi Airport. Tours are conducted in English only.
Historical monuments like the city hall, are littered throughout the colonial district. A stark contrasts to the modern skyscrapers, the national monuments have withstood decades of Singapore's history. From the days as a British colony to Singapore's declaration of independence on 9 August 1965, they truly are a sight to behold.
Singapore's core financial and commercial district impresses with its modern skyscrapers. Here, you can find, Lau Pa Sat, home to a variety of delicious Singaporean hawker fare as well as rooftops bar.
Situated at the mouth of the Singapore River, Singapore's national icon the Merlion, has a lion's head and a fish's body. The head represents the Lion City 'Singapura" and the tail symbolises Singapore's humble beginnings as a fishing village called Temasek, meaning 'sea town' in Old Javanese.
Home to the early Chinese settlers, Chinatown is a must-see cultural enclave for visitors in Singapore. A bustling, colourful mix of old and new, the area consists of exotic pre-war shophouses which are home to merchants who have been hawking the same wares for years.
As one of the most charming and vibrant ethnic enclaves in Singapore, Little India is a sanctuary to the olden day trades. Immerse yourself in the rich culture by gettig your fortune told by parrots or don a jasmine garland from the stree-sideflower vendors.
Marvel at the golden domes of Sultan Mosque - a major landmark in Kampong Glam, an ethnic district with strong Malay-Arab influence. After which, take a walk down the restored shophouses to discover a blend of old and new, from modern art galleries and cafes to traditonal businesses like carpet shops and blacksmiths.
City Sights TourStanding at 165 metres tall, the Singapore Flyer is the world's second tallest observation wheel. A 60 minute ride on the wheel will offer you a bird's eye view of Singapore's skyline and its surroundings.
The spiky glass facade of Singapore's premier arts destination resembles a popular local fruit – the durian, making it a striking icon by the waterfront. The Esplanade has been the setting for a line-up of high-profile events such as the Singapore Arts Festival.
As night falls, enjoy a panoramic view of Singapore’s famous icons along the Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade – the Singapore Flyer, Marina Bay Sands, the Esplanade and Gardens by the Bay.
An icon of Singapore, the Merlion, was unveiled on 15 September 1972 by then Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew at the mouth of the Singapore River, to welcome all visitors to Singapore
The Integrated Resort offers a wide variety of shops, the Art Science museum theatre, hotel and convention centre. Admire stunning views of the Singapore skyline from the Sands SkyPark on the 57th storey or take a dip in the 150-metre long infinity pool.
Comprising of 3 waterfront gardens - Bay South, East and Central, this horticulture oasis nestled in the heart of the city features more than 500,000 plants from over 2,200 species. Be awed by 18 Avatar-like man-made Supertrees.
Also catch a glimpse of the diverse hawker culture in Singapore at Five Spice which showcases Singaporeans favorite street food! Sample away local delicacies that are uniquely Singapore!
Terms and conditions apply.*
*Valid only at ‘Gift by Changi Airport’ retail store, only 1 voucher per transaction. Applicable only for exclusive merchandise customised by Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (CAG) for ‘Gift by Changi Airport’. A minimum spend of SGD$5 in a single receipt required. Not valid with other promotions, discounts, coupons or vouchers. CAG reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Who is eligible for the tour?
- Passengers travelling on itineraries consisting of Singapore Airlines (SQ) and/or SilkAir (MI) ticketed and operated flights connecting to Scoot (TR) operated flights.
- Passengers travelling on selected Air New Zealand (NZ) operated flights (SQ4281, SQ4282, SQ4283, SQ4284, NZ281, NZ282, NZ283, NZ284, NZ3247, NZ3248, NZ3281, NZ3282, NZ3285,NZ3286, NZ3291, NZ3292, NZ3297, NZ3298) with connecting flights on Singapore Airlines (SQ) and/or SilkAir (MI) operated flights
How To Register ?
When you arrive at Changi Airport, please remain in the transit area and do not clear immigration as the registration booths are located at the transit area.
Present your boarding passes and valid entry visas (if applicable) at the Free Singapore Tours booths located at:
- Terminal 2 ( In Transit Mall, between Transfer Lounge F and Skytain to Terminal 3 near the escalator to Arrival Immigration - Level 2)
- Terminal 3 ( In Transit Mall, near Transfer Lounge A - Gate A1 to A8 at Level 2)
Pre-bookings can also be made through your local travel agents or local SIA office. (Not applicable to passengers flying out from China and Thailand), subject to availability, at least 72 working hours prior to arrival in Singapore. Please note that your name and flight details will be disclosed to the tour coordinators in order to process your pre-booking.
Important Things To Note:
- Registration will close 1 hour before the tour start time and participants will be guided as a group to clear immigration before the tour starts.
- Availability of seats is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Transit passengers are allowed to enter and exit Singapore only once during their layover period, as per guidelines stipulated by Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore. Therefore, passengers are not able to join more than one tour.
- Tour itinerary is subject to changes, depending on weather and traffic conditions. Unitl 31 March 2020, subject to further extension.
- Should you have cabin baggage, you are encouraged to leave them as Left Baggage before joining the tour.