Singapore Airlines Miles of Good Campaign Official Rules (“Terms and Conditions”)
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to all KrisFlyer members residing in the United States. For all other KrisFlyer members, please refer to the Campaign terms and conditions located at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/ppsclub-krisflyer/miles-of-good
Section A: Miles of Good Campaign
This Miles of Good campaign (“Campaign”) is organised by Singapore Airlines Limited (Company Registration Number 197200078R), a commercial entity and company incorporated in Singapore with its registered office at 25 Airline Road, Airline House, Singapore 819829 (“SIA”). The aim of the Campaign is to raise a total of 100 million KrisFlyer miles for eligible everyday essential workers, of which SIA will contribute 30 million KrisFlyer miles and KrisFlyer members will contribute 70 million KrisFlyer miles, to thank the efforts and contributions of these essential workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All KrisFlyer miles raised through this Campaign will be (i) distributed to Selected Nominees (as defined herein), and (ii) any excess KrisFlyer miles will be distributed to selected charities in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- SIA will not be receiving any remuneration in respect of the KrisFlyer miles raised as part of this Campaign.
- No commercial fund-raiser was engaged by SIA in soliciting any donation of the KrisFlyer miles. The Campaign will be carried out on the Singapore Airlines website at (https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/ppsclub-krisflyer/miles-of-good). The campaign period commences on 20 July 2020 (0000 hrs GMT +8) and ends on 20 November 2020 (2359 hrs GMT +8) (“Campaign Period”). The nomination period (“Nomination Period”) commences on 20 July 2020 (0000 hrs GMT +8) and ends on 31 August 2020 (2359 hrs GMT +8), while the KrisFlyer miles donation period (“Donation Period”) commences on 20 July 2020 (0000 hrs GMT +8) and ends on 20 November 2020 (2359 hrs GMT +8).
- This Campaign is open to all KrisFlyer members residing in the United States except those residing in Rhode Island.
- During the Campaign Period, KrisFlyer members with valid KrisFlyer membership accounts (“Members”) may submit nominations at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/plan-travel/local-promotions/miles-of-good-usa/ (“Nominations”) during the Nomination Period, for eligible everyday essential workers who must be employed in the same country / territory of residence as the relevant Member (“Nominees”) provided the donation target of 100,020,000 KrisFlyer miles is reached. Any Nomination made by a Member in respect of a Nominee residing in a different country /territory of residence will be rejected. In these Terms and Conditions, everyday essential workers include healthcare workers, supermarket workers, courier/food delivery/postal services workers, and cleaners.
- During the Donation Period, KrisFlyer members may make a donation of KrisFlyer miles at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/plan-travel/local-promotions/miles-of-good-usa/ (“Donation”). Donations are subject to a minimum of 1,000 KrisFlyer miles for each Donation successfully processed (a “Transaction”), and up to a maximum of 100,000 KrisFlyer miles per Transaction. Any Donations submitted outside the Donation Period will not be considered.
- Each Member may make multiple Nominations in respect of different individual Nominees residing in the same country / territory as the Member. However, in order to submit a Nomination, each Nomination must be accompanied by a Donation of a minimum of 1,000 KrisFlyer miles per transaction by the relevant Member.
- Members may also make Donations without submitting any Nominations. Any Nominations submitted outside of the Nomination Period will not be considered.
- In order to submit a Nomination, each Member must make a Donation of a minimum of 1,000 KrisFlyer miles, and provide the following details to SIA: (i) name of Nominee, (ii) Nominee’s job title, (iii) name of Nominee’s employer, and (iv) an explanation of why the Nominee deserves the Gift (in 200 words or less). The Nominee’s work email address should also be provided by the relevant Member, to enable Singapore Airlines to contact the Nominee to claim his/her miles. If the Nominee’s work email address is not provided during the nomination submission, Singapore Airlines will not be able to contact the Nominee to claim his/her Gift, and the Donation made by the Member will be distributed to other eligible essential worker Nominees nominated by other Members instead. For the avoidance of doubt, a Member’s Donation and/or Nomination may not necessarily result in his or her Nominee receiving a Gift (as defined herein), and the Gift may be distributed to other Selected Nominees in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Each eligible Nominee must be a KrisFlyer member at the time the Nomination is submitted, or, where informed by SIA via email, must create a KrisFlyer membership account by 19 October 2020 (2359 hrs GMT +8).
- The first 1,667 Nominees nominated by Members during the Nomination Period who meet the Nomination requirements as set out in paragraphs 6 and 8 and this paragraph 9 will be eligible to receive the Gift. The Nominees must provide their details, which may include (i) the Nominee’s full name, (ii) the Nominee’s KrisFlyer membership number, (iii) the Nominee’s country / territory of residence, (iv) the Nominee’s business email address, (v) the Nominee’s business card, (vi) or any other documentation that SIA may deem appropriate in the relevant jurisdiction in which this Campaign is held to SIA by 19 October 2020 (“Selected Nominees”). Selected Nominees will be chosen by SIA at its sole discretion to receive the Gift after 30 November 2020.
- NOMINEES NEED NOT PROVIDE A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE OF ANY KIND TO ENTER THE CAMPAIGN.
- The KrisFlyer miles donated by Members in each country / territory shall be pooled together at a country level (each, a “Country / Territory Pool”), such that the Gifts comprising the KrisFlyer miles shall only be credited to Selected Nominees from the same country / territory. In the event the donated KrisFlyer miles in a ountry / Territory Pool are insufficient to benefit the total number of Selected Nominees in the relevant country / territory, the balance miles will be credited from SIA’s contribution of 30 million KrisFlyer miles.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all Donations made by the Members will go into a country / territory-specific KrisFlyer miles Country / Territory Pool, before the Gifts comprising the KrisFlyer miles are distributed to the Selected Nominees in the relevant country / territory. At no point will any Donation made by a Member be directly transferred to any Nominee(s) nominated by that relevant Member.
- Each Selected Nominee may only receive the Gift once during the Campaign Period, even if he/she may have been nominated multiple times.
- SIA will notify the Selected Nominees by 28 September 2020 via the email address provided in the nomination form with information on how to claim the Gift (“Notification Email”).
- By accepting the Gift, each Selected Nominee agrees to comply with and be bound by the SIA Terms & Conditions, KrisPay Terms and Conditions and KrisShop Terms and Conditions. Non-compliance with or breach of any of the foregoing terms and conditions may result in (i) the Nominee being disqualified at any stage of the Campaign, and (ii) any Gift awarded to that Selected Nominee may be forfeited and re-distributed in accordance with paragraph 15 of these Terms and Conditions.
- In order to accept the Gift, each Selected Nominee will be required to fill in and agree to an online Nominee Consent Form to provide SIA with the details including: (i) full name of Nominee, (ii) KrisFlyer account number of the Nominee, (iii) the Nominee’s country / territory of residence, (iv) Nominee’s work email address (for verification of the Nominee’s employment) or any other information requested by SIA in accordance with paragraph A purchase will not increase a Nominee’s chance of winning. Each Selected Nominee will be required to complete and submit the online Nominee Consent Form in accordance with the Notification Email. If the Nominee Consent Form is not successfully submitted by the Selected Nominee by 19 October 2020, the Gift will be forfeited and the KrisFlyer miles will be returned to the relevant Country / Territory Pool to be re-distributed to another Selected Nominee within the Campaign Period. The Gift will be credited to each Selected Nominee’s KrisFlyer account at the end of the Campaign Period. Any excess KrisFlyer miles following the end of the Campaign Period will be donated in accordance with paragraph 24
Section B: General Terms
- The Gift can be used to redeem eligible flights on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot or their partner airlines, and/or for purchases on non-airline partners (such as KrisShop, KrisFlyer vRooms and via KrisPay). The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem an air ticket is subject to seat availability at the time of reservation or ticket issuance, and must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme, (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/).
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem for shopping, dining, wellness services via the KrisPay app must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme, and KrisPay partners (at www.krispay.com)
- The Gift may take about four (4) to six (6) weeks to be credited into the Selected Nominee’s KrisFlyer account following the end of the Campaign Period, and will be valid for a period of three years from the date in which it was credited into the Selected Nominee’s KrisFlyer account, following which they shall expire and no extensions will be permitted. The Gift cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash and shall not be transferred to another individual.
- All decisions made by SIA, in respect to any matter relating to this Campaign, including the choice of the Selected Nominees shall be final. SIA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Campaign without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- In the event that the total number of donated KrisFlyer miles received by SIA from the relevant Members during the Donation Period exceeds the total number of KrisFlyer miles intended to be distributed to the 1,667 Selected Nominees (being 100,020,000 KrisFlyer miles) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, SIA may in its sole discretion donate any excess KrisFlyer miles to a local charity. In selecting these charities, SIA shall have regard to charities that are registered in the relevant countries / territories, having the object of supporting children and youth, and underprivileged communities.
- In the event that the total number of donated KrisFlyer miles received by SIA from the relevant Members during the Donation Period is less than the total number of KrisFlyer miles intended to be distributed to the 1,667 Selected Nominees (being 100,020,000 KrisFlyer miles) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, SIA will distribute the total number of KrisFlyer miles accumulated in each Country / Territory Pool equally among the Selected Nominees in that relevant country / territory. For the avoidance of doubt, in such instances, the final number of KrisFlyer miles distributed to each Selected Nominee may be less than 60,000 KrisFlyer miles.
- SIA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Member and Nominee. The demise of a Member or Nominee automatically disqualifies his/her entry.
- Each Member by submitting a Nomination represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the Nominee’s consent for the collection, processing, use and disclosure of his/her personal data by the SIA for the purposes of administering the Campaign. Each Member agrees to notify SIA promptly upon becoming aware of the withdrawal by the Nominee of his/her consent to the collection, processing, use and/or disclosure by SIA of any personal data he/she has provided to SIA. Each Member further warrants that all personal data that he/she has disclosed or are disclosing to SIA are accurate.
- Unless otherwise specified, SIA is not responsible for and will not bear any and all expenses and ancillary costs which may be incurred in the participation in the Campaign and/or with the use or redemption of the Gift. SIA is not receiving any remuneration or reward as a result of conducting the Campaign.
- Selected Nominees and winners of KrisFlyer miles are responsible for all taxes on any winnings. Donation of KrisFlyer miles are not applicable for tax deductions in Singapore. Members residing outside of Singapore may seek the further advice of the relevant authorities in their respective resident countries.
- SIA reserves the right to disqualify any Nominee or Member from participating and/or to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Campaign if the Campaign is not capable of being executed as planned, or due to infection by computer, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of the participants, technical failures, or any other cause that, in the opinion of the SIA, in its sole discretion, corrupt or affect the security, integrity, fairness, and proper conduct of the Campaign.
- Participants warrant that their submissions are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted submission and that they have the right to submit the submission to SIA and to grant all required licenses. Each participant agrees not to submit any submission that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- For enquiries, please contact KF_Contact@singaporeair.com.sg.