Terms and Conditions of the Singapore Airlines Covid-19 Travel Waiver Policy
i. Save for the tickets in paragraph 1(iii), this Covid-19 Travel Waiver Policy (“Policy”) applies to all Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”) tickets (13-digit ticket number starting with 618) that:
a. meet all of the following criteria: -
(1) Issued on or before 15 March 2020;
(2) With original unutilised flight sector(s) commencing on or between 24 January 2020 and 31 March 2021; and
(3) Booked for travel on SIA or our codeshare partner airlines flights; or
(referred to as “Eligible Ticket”).
a. tickets where the period of validity (being 1 year from the date of commencement of travel or if no portion of the ticket is used, from the date of issue of the ticket) has expired; and
b. tickets where a passenger has travelled on one or more flights in the ticket but has not completed the full flight itinerary in the ticket (“Partially Unused Tickets”), as long as the ticket satisfies the conditions set out in paragraph 1(i) above.
2. Option to choose between Flight Credits or Refunds
i. Save for the tickets in paragraph 2(v), the passenger named on an Eligible Ticket may choose one of the following options, subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy:
a. Cancel the original flight itinerary on his ticket and retain the Unused Value of the ticket as Flight Credits.
b. Obtain a refund of the Unused Value of his ticket.
a. In the case of fully unused tickets, the total fare and taxes paid for the ticket.
b. In the case of Partially Unused Tickets, the total fare and taxes paid for the ticket less the fare of the flight sector(s) that has been utilised. For the avoidance of doubt, SIA reserves the right to compute the Unused Value of a Partially Unused Ticket at its sole discretion.
a. The passenger named on an award Ticket redeemed under the KrisFlyer Programme: This passenger shall be entitled to a refund of the KrisFlyer miles used for the award ticket plus all taxes paid.
b. The passenger named on a ticket purchased using Mix Miles with Cash under the KrisFlyer Programme: This passenger shall be entitled to a refund of the KrisFlyer miles used for the ticket, plus remaining sum paid in cash (including taxes).
c. The passenger named on a ticket purchased using Mix Points with Cash under the HighFlyer Programme: This passenger shall be entitled to a refund of the HighFlyer points used for the ticket, plus remaining sum paid in cash (including taxes).
3. Award of Bonus Flight Credits for rebooking using Flight Credits
i. The passenger shall be awarded Bonus Flight Credits for his 1st rebooked flight itinerary using the Flight Credits unless:
a. The fare in the Eligible Ticket was a child or infant fare;
b. The Eligible Ticket is a Partially Unused Ticket.
For the avoidance of doubt, no Bonus Flight Credit shall be awarded for his 2nd rebooked flight itinerary.
b. At the point of rebooking of the new flight itinerary.
a. Economy Class: SGD 75
b. Premium Economy Class: SGD 100
c. Business Class: SGD 200
d. First / Suites: SGD 500
a. SIA reserves the right to make changes to the table at its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever, including but without limited to changes in the foreign exchange rates.
b. No additional Bonus Flight Credits in Foreign Currency shall be awarded in the event of any changes to the table after the Bonus Flight Credits has been awarded at the point of rebooking of the new flight itinerary.
vii. The Eligible Ticket under paragraph 1(i)(c) shall be awarded:
b. Bonus Flight Credits based on the cabin class of the Eligible Ticket if there were no Bonus Flight Credits awarded at the time of rebooking of the flight itinerary using Flight Credits.
viii. Other than the Bonus Flight Credits set out in paragraph 3(vii), the Eligible Ticket under paragraph 1(i)(c) shall not be entitled to any additional Bonus Flight Credits at the time of rebooking of the new flight itinerary.
4. Rebooking of a new flight itinerary using Flight Credits
i. The passenger may only utilize the Flight Credits from an Eligible Ticket for up to two new flight itineraries with SIA for that passenger, with the last flight sector of each flight itinerary being on or before 30 June 2022.
vi. For the avoidance of doubt, the passenger shall not be allowed to transfer and/or combine Flight Credits and/or Bonus Flight Credits in any manner whatsoever.
iii. Once the Unused Value of the Eligible Tickets has been refunded, the passenger can no longer choose to retain the Unused Value of the Eligible Tickets into Flight Credits or be eligible for Bonus Flight Credits.
6. Modifications: These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at SIA's sole and absolute discretion except as prohibited by applicable laws and regulations. The prevailing terms and conditions of Policy at the point of the passenger’s rebooking, or refunds shall apply. SIA reserves the right to interpret, apply and communicate the terms and conditions of the Policy. All decisions made by SIA shall be final and conclusive in each case.
7. Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, SIA is not liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, including those based in negligence, whether actual, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential (including lost profits or other special damages) which arises out of or is in any way connected with this Policy, including the use, of the Flight Credits by the passenger. The total liability (if any) of SIA for all damages, losses, costs and expenses under whatever causes of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise will not exceed the value of the Flight Credits retained in the name of the passenger.
8. General Conditions of Carriage: Other and separate conditions apply to carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo by air, or any promotion which SIA may run from time to time. If the passenger travels on a flight operated by SIA, the SIA General Conditions of Carriage apply to the carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo by air save as otherwise set out in this Policy. SIA’s liability and its code share partners’ for loss, damage or delay to your baggage is limited by Montreal Convention and Warsaw Convention, and/or such other applicable law or regulation.
9. Applicable law: To the extent that any provision contained or referred to herein is contrary to any applicable laws, government regulations, orders or requirements that cannot be waived by agreement of the parties, such provision shall not apply. The invalidity of any provision shall not affect the validity of any other provision.