Excess baggage charges
If your baggage exceeds the free checked piece and weight allowance, excess baggage charges will be applied. Excess baggage charges will be levied based on weight pricing for all itineraries not including the United States / Brazil and piece pricing for all itineraries including the United States / Brazil. To find out more details regarding the pricing for both weight and piece concept, please expand the below tabs.
At a glance
- Excess baggage charges
Weight pricing (Effective for travel from 15 Nov 2013)
Excess baggage charges are levied based on zonal pricing for the following countries.
Band 1: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Band 2: Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Taiwan
Band 3: Australia, Egypt, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
Band 4: Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
From / To Band 1 Band 2 Band 3 Band 4 Band 1 USD 10 / kg USD 15 / kg USD 30 / kg USD 60 / kg Band 2 USD 15 / kg USD 20 / kg USD 40 / kg USD 65 / kg Band 3 USD 30 / kg USD 40 / kg USD 50 / kg USD 70 / kg Band 4 USD 60 / kg USD 65 / kg USD 70 / kg USD 70 / kg
- Passengers travelling on the Manchester-Munich and Cairo-Dubai route or vice versa will be charged USD 20 / kg for excess baggage.
- The above system applies to all travel itineraries (except for flights to/from United States / Brazil), including interline travel, with Singapore Airlines as the first flight.
- For itineraries involving the United States / Brazil, excess baggage charges are levied based on piece concept. For more details, please expand the tab on piece pricing below.
Piece pricing (Effective for travel from 15 Nov 2013)
If you are travelling to/from United States / Brazil, excess baggage charges will be levied based on the type of charges shown in the table below.
Band 1: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vietnam
Band 2 : Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Russia
Charges for Excess Baggage Between US and Between Brazil and Band 1 Band 2
Spain Additional Piece of Baggage (all classes)
Heavy and Excess Size charges are not applicable to additional pieces of baggage purchased.
USD 225 USD 150 USD
Applicable to any piece of checked baggage within the free baggage allowance exceeding the weight limit per piece
USD 150 USD 100 USD
Applicable to any piece of checked baggage within the free baggage allowance where the sum of its length, width and height exceeds 158cm or 62"
USD 150 USD 100 USD
- The final excess baggage charges is derived by adding up all the individual charges
- Any bag that weighs above 32kg requires advance arrangement. It may not be accepted as checked baggage and may have to be sent as cargo. Please contact your local SIA office prior to your travel.