Excess baggage charges
If your baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, excess baggage charges will be applied. Excess baggage charges will be levied based on Weight Pricing for all itineraries not including the United States / Brazil and Piece Pricing for all itineraries including the United States / Brazil. You can find more details on the pricing for both Weight and Piece Concept by expanding the tabs below.
At a glance
- Excess baggage charges
Excess baggage charges for itineraries involving transfers or re-check in
Excess baggage charges may be re-assessed at the point of transfer or whenever you re-check in to a connecting flight. The charges for excess baggage are applied on each flight segment. For example, if your itinerary is Jakarta – Singapore –Tokyo – Los Angeles, it will be considered as:
- Three flight segments if you check in separately at Jakarta, Singapore and Tokyo,
- Two flight segments if you check in separately at Jakarta and Singapore (or at Jakarta and at Tokyo)
- One flight segment if you through-check in from Jakarta to Los Angeles.
For the countries that observe the Occupational Health Safety rule, any baggage that weighs above 32kg will not be accepted as checked baggage and may have to be sent as cargo. Please contact your local SIA office prior to your travel.
For excess baggage rates under the Weight and Piece Concepts, please expand the tabs below.#160;
Excess baggage charges are levied based on zonal pricing for the following countries.
Band 1: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Band 2: Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbeikistan, Russia (in Asia), Macao, Mongolia, Indian Subcontinent
Band 3: Australia, Egypt, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Guam, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Timor Leste
Band 4: Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Russia (in Europe), South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
From / To Band 1 Band 2 Band 3 Band 4 Band 1 USD10/kg USD15/kg USD30/kg USD60/kg Band 2 USD15/kg USD20/kg USD40/kg USD65/kg Band 3 USD30/kg USD40/kg USD50/kg USD70/kg Band 4 USD60/kg USD65/kg USD70/kg USD70/kg
- Passengers travelling on the Manchester-Munich route or vice versa will be charged USD20/kg for excess baggage.
- The above system applies to all travel itineraries (except for flights to/from United States / Brazil), including interline travel, with Singapore Airlines as the first flight.
- For itineraries involving the United States / Brazil, excess baggage charges are levied based on piece concept. For more details, please expand the tab on piece pricing below.
If you are travelling to/from United States / Brazil, excess baggage charges will be levied based on the type of charges shown in the table below.
Band 1: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vietnam
Band 2 : Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Russia
Charges for Excess Baggage Between US and Between Brazil and Band 1 Band 2 All countries
Spain Additional Piece of Baggage (all classes)
Applies to every piece of baggage in excess of the number of pieces allowed free.
USD 225 USD 150 USD
Applies if the weight of each piece of baggage within the free baggage allowance exceeds the weight limit per piece for the class of travel.
USD 150 USD 100 USD
Applies if the sum of the length, width and height of each piece of baggage within the free baggage allowance exceeds 158cm (62in).
USD 150 USD 100 USD
- The final excess baggage charges is derived by adding up all the individual charges.
- The Heavy Charge and the Excess Size Charge are not applicable on additional pieces of baggage checked in.
Additional Piece Charge Heavy Charge Excess Size Charge
Pieces allowed free
⨯ ✓ ✓
Pieces in excess of the free allowance
✓ ⨯ ⨯#160;