Free Singapore Tour
Capture the spirit of Singapore during your transit
Be enthralled by the sights, sound and colours of Singapore during your next layover. Take a walk through history at the Merlion Park. Experience a multi-sensory buzz in vibrant Chinatown. Enjoy a panoramic view of the city, with a backdrop of the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay. Discover what it feels like to live as a Singaporean at our Changi Precinct and discover a wondrous world and immerse into a lush green sanctuary at Jewel Changi Airport.
Choose between four different tour routes during your transit if your transit is more than 5.5 hours and within 24 hours. Each tour is 2.5 hours long, and jointly organised by Singapore Airlines, Singapore Tourism Board and Changi Airport Group. Tours are conducted in English only.
Changi Precinct Tour
Once covered by forests, swamps, rubber plantation and sand quarries, Tampines today is one of four regional centres in Singapore. This special town won the United Nations World Habitat Award, for being an exemplar of high-quality, high density and affordable housing.
Tampines Central Park is a beautiful green social space for residents here, explore some of the uniquely design playgrounds in this park and grab a variety of instagrammable photos. Then check out Our Tampines Hub, Singapore’s largest integrated community and lifestyle hub.
A popular recreational getaway for locals, feel a sense of calm as you wander around the quiet Changi Village and its surrounding coastal walks.
Changi Beach Park features stretches of pristine white beaches dotted with coconut trees. This is a great place to simply let go and unwind.
City Sights TourWitness the growth and progress of Singapore as you contrast old national monuments such as the National Gallery and the Padang, against modern skyscrapers in the central business district. Hear stories of some of Singapore's most significant moments in history.
The Jubilee Bridge connects two famed landmarks - the Esplanade Theatres and the Merlion, giving you an unhindered view of Marina Bay.
An icon of Singapore, the Merlion was unveiled in 1972 to welcome all visitors to our sunny island. This is a great spot to take photos against the iconic Marina Bay and the city skyline.
Gardens by the Bay is a horticultural oasis nestled in the heart of the city features more than 500,000 plants across more than 2,200 species. Marvel at the Avatar-like Supertrees that come to life in a display of lights and sounds at night.
Jewel Walking Tour
Heritage Tour (Available from June 2023)
Who is eligible for the tour?
The Free Singapore Tour is open to all travellers transiting in Changi Airport.
Valid for passengers with layover of at least 5.5 hours, and less than 24 hours, and with flight schedules that fit the tour timing requirements.
*Eligibility to participate in the tour is subject to visa entry requirements stipulated by the Immigrations & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore. Please enquire at the Free Singapore Tour Booths for more information.
How To Register ?
- Singapore Airlines and Scoot passengers can pre-book the tour via online booking page. You may scroll down to view and book all the tour types.
- Please note that while making the booking, you will have to input the name of all passengers going on the tour so that we can reserve the corresponding number of spaces.
- When you arrive at Changi Airport, please remain in the transit area and do not clear immigration as the registration booths are located at the transit area.
2) At Changi Airport
Present your boarding passes and valid entry visas (if applicable) at the Free Singapore Tours booths located at:
- Terminal 2 transit, Near Skytain to Terminal 3, Gate F50
- Terminal 3 transit, Near Transfer Lounge A, Gate A1-A8
Important Things To Note:
- Registration will close 1 hour before the tour start time and participants will be guided as a group to clear immigration before the tour starts.
- Availability of seats is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Transit passengers are allowed to enter and exit Singapore only once during their layover period, as per guidelines stipulated by Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore. Therefore, passengers are not able to join more than one tour.
- Tour itinerary is subject to changes, depending on weather and traffic conditions.
- Should you have cabin baggage, you are encouraged to leave them as Left Baggage counter located here prior to registration at the Free Singapore Tour booth.
- There are food sampling segments on some of the tour itineraries. If you have any food allergies, please take precautions and sign up at your own discretion. Please also inform the tour guide before the tour starts.