Revisions to KrisFlyer Terms and Conditions
We would like to inform you that there has been a revision to the KrisFlyer Terms and Conditions pertaining to membership data. The revision consists of an inclusion of the following clause 8 under the broader topic of Membership:
8. In order to maintain KrisFlyer membership, Singapore Airlines needs to collect, use and disclose the personal data of each member in order to fulfil the following purposes:
• To provide members with membership status updates and other account-related information;
• To facilitate membership-related transactions and services;
• To market and communicate to members about SIA and KrisFlyer promotions, contests, events, and lucky draws, including those conducted by KrisFlyer programme partners;
• To contact members about product or customer-related surveys and market research; and
In connection with the above, some of the members’ personal data may be disclosed to Singapore Airlines’ suppliers, service providers and other partner companies in the programme for membership and flight transaction related purposes and customer servicing. The data collected will be used for direct marketing purposes by only Singapore Airlines and only if members have given prior consent to Singapore Airlines to receive such marketing materials. Members who have given consent can subsequently request Singapore Airlines not to use their personal data for such marketing purposes by submitting a request in writing via our online feedback form, or by logging into www.krisflyer.com to update their Communication Preferences.
The full KrisFlyer Terms and Conditions can be found here.
A summary of the main revisions is as follows:
Part A Section 1
(Types of Customer Data)
Addition of itemized examples of Personal Data such as personal information that links back to an individual; contact, payment, travel, health and technical information among others.
Addition of a statement describing the consequences of failure to provide SIA with the required Personal Data.
Part A Section 2
(Purposes of Collection, Use and Disclosure)
Inclusion of additional sources from which an individual's personal data is obtained - either directly from individuals or their authorised representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources.
Addition of a statement that SIA may also use and disclose individuals' personal data to their authorized representatives for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry.
Part A Section 6
|Addition of information regarding to SIA's methods of destroying Personal Data.|
|Part B New Section 6||Revision of information on how Google Analytics is being used on SIA's website (previously found in Part C).|
Updated 04 Jul 2014