Now there's an exciting new way to use your KrisFlyer miles
KrisPay is the new digital wallet that turns your KrisFlyer miles into instant purchases – right from your mobile phone, starting from as little as 15 miles. You can now use KrisPay for everyday spend such as your petrol purchases at selected Esso service stations, M1, Challenger and many more participating partners.
What’s more, you’ll be the first to know about the latest KrisPay promotions and new partners when you download the app.
How to use KrisPay
KrisPay Miles-Back Promotion
Earn up to 30% miles-back when you spend with KrisPay from 19 December 2018 till 31 January 2019. The more you spend, the more you earn!
Click here to find out more.
KrisPay x Gong Cha January Promotion
Enjoy an exclusive buy-1-get-1 medium pearl milk tea or medium caramel milk tea promotion from Gong Cha from 7 to 27 January 2019 when you purchase using KrisPay. Limited to the first 5,000 redemptions island-wide.
Click here to find out more about participating partners and their latest promotions.
* KrisPay miles are valid for six months and cannot be transferred back to your KrisFlyer account.
KrisPay Terms and Conditions
1. Misuse of one’s KrisPay miles may result in suspension of the KrisFlyer account. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to claim compensation for damages sustained in connection with the misuse of KrisPay.
a. KrisPay Partners
b. Rules of earning, using, or expiry of KrisPay miles.
c. Rules of any promotions
d. Conversion rate for KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay miles
e. Conversion rate for KrisPay miles to dollar equivalent.
4. Certain partner merchant benefits and rewards may be subject to their own set of terms and conditions, as specified separately.
5. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to audit your account at any time for compliance with the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Enrolment and Obligations
1. Usage of the KrisPay mobile application is available to anyone with an existing KrisFlyer membership.
2. There is no enrolment fee to use the KrisPay mobile application.
3. The usage of the KrisPay mobile application will be dependent on the validity of your KrisFlyer membership. The usage of the KrisPay mobile application will be available as long as your KrisFlyer membership is active.
4. All KrisFlyer/ KrisPay membership obligations is the same as the existing KrisFlyer membership obligations found under Section B of the KrisFlyer terms and conditions.
Topping up KrisPay mobile application with KrisPay miles using KrisFlyer miles
1. KrisPay miles are the base unit of measurement within the KrisPay mobile application.
2. One KrisPay mile is equivalent to one KrisFlyer mile. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to make changes to the conversion rates without prior notice.
3. Top up of the KrisPay Wallet is subject to a minimum top up of 1 KrisFlyer mile. Top ups into the KrisPay Wallet are non-reversible.
4. KrisPay miles which have expired cannot be extended. Singapore Airlines may at its sole discretion, and without prior notice, change the minimum and maximum number of KrisFlyer miles for top up of the KrisPay Wallet.
5. Pooling of miles is not permitted and each KrisFlyer membership can only be utilised by one person. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to cancel a KrisFlyer account and forfeit all KrisFlyer miles and KrisPay miles in the account, if it is found to be used by more than one person.
6. KrisPay miles are strictly non-transferable.
Using KrisPay miles
1. KrisPay miles can be used to pay for part of or the total amount of items purchased at our range of partner merchants. For a full list of our partner merchants, please see the “Merchants” tab in the KrisPay mobile application. Participating merchants are subject to change without notice.
2. While Singapore Airlines may from time to time provide an indicative value of the KrisPay miles relative to Singapore dollars:
a. the Singapore dollar amount is merely to provide an “indicative value” of the services that may be purchased with the KrisPay miles;
b. the KrisPay miles are not denominated in Singapore dollars;
c. the KrisPay miles are not pegged to Singapore dollars and the “indicative value” is subject to change at the discretion of Singapore Airlines
d. Singapore Airlines may cancel the KrisPay miles at its discretion and holders of the KrisPay miles have no claim against Singapore Airlines for the “indicative value” of for any other monies; and
e. holders of the KrisPay miles cannot withdraw the KrisPay miles for Singapore dollars or any other monies.
3. Conversion rates are indicative and subject to change. Singapore Airlines reserves the right to change the conversion rate of KrisPay miles to Singapore Dollar without prior notice.
4. A minimum number of 15 KrisPay miles is required in order to use the KrisPay mobile application for purchases at the partner merchants. Singapore Airlines may at its sole discretion change this minimum number of miles required for making purchases at the partner merchants.
5. All items fully or partially purchased using KrisPay miles cannot be refunded. Replacements are subject to each individual partner merchant’s terms and conditions.
6. For other terms and conditions related to purchases at the partner merchants, please refer to each individual merchant’s terms and conditions.
7. Singapore Airlines is not responsible or liable for any defects, discrepancies, or issues with all product-related matters.
Expiry of KrisPay miles
1. KrisPay miles will expire after 6 months on the last day of the equivalent month in which they were earned. For example, KrisPay miles converted from KrisFlyer miles and credited into your KrisPay Wallet on any day in January 2017 will expire at 23:59 hours Singapore time (GMT+08:00 hours) on 30 June 2017.
2. KrisPay miles that have already expired cannot be extended.
3. Notifications of expiring KrisPay miles will be displayed in the notification inbox starting from the month of expiry. Push notifications for expiring KrisPay miles will also be activated at the start of the month of expiry. For reminders on expiring KrisPay miles, you are recommended to allow push notifications on their mobile devices.
Usage of KrisPay
1. You must not use the KrisPay mobile application for any unlawful or prohibited purposes, or for any unauthorized or fraudulent payments.
2. You must not:
a. where applicable, resell the Services
b. use the KrisPay mobile application or your KrisPay miles for any activity which breaches any law
c. use the KrisPay mobile application or your KrisPay miles in a way which interferes with its availability with other users; or
d. where applicable, use other means to transact or obtain information if you are unable to use the KrisPay mobile application.
3. Singapore Airlines and its licensors retain all rights (including trade mark, copyright and patent rights) with respect to all software and underlying information and material available through the KrisPay mobile application. Where applicable, you must not download or otherwise export or re-export any software or underlying information or material available through the KrisPay mobile application except with the written permission of Singapore Airlines and in full compliance with all Singapore and other applicable laws and regulations. In particular, but without limitation, you must not download or otherwise export or re-export any software or underlying information or material available through the KrisPay mobile application unless such downloading occurs in the course of using KrisPay in accordance with th written instructions of Singapore Airlines.
Limitation of Liability
1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Singapore Airlines shall not be liable to any member for any injury, loss, claim, damage, cost, disbursement or expense of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the KrisPay mobile application, whether such injury, loss, claim, damage, cost, disbursement or expense is caused by Singapore Airlines’ negligence or otherwise, and whether Singapore Airlines has any control over the circumstances giving rise to the claim or not.
2. Singapore Airlines will endeavour to ensure the availability of products and services provided by partners but will not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, cost, disbursement or expense of any kind whatsoever arising from the failure by partners to provide such products and/or services. Where you use the services provided by a programme partner or purchase a product from a partner merchant, their terms and conditions will apply and Singapore Airlines will not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, cost, disbursement or expense of any kind whatsoever, howsoever arising.
3. Singapore Airlines will not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, cost, disbursement or expense of any kind whatsoever connected to the unavailability of the KrisPay mobile application to you in whole or in part or any failure or delay in any way connected with the use of the KrisPay mobile application because of ancillary equipment, the Singapore Airlines systems or technology or any other circumstances, including the use of or inability to use the KrisPay mobile application.
4. Singapore Airlines’ liability with respect to any claims shall be limited to re-crediting the value of the KrisPay miles redeemed by you into KrisPay or providing other reasonable, alternative, and comparable benefits as exclusively determined by Singapore Airlines. For the avoidance of doubt, monetary compensation is expressly excluded and Singapore Airlines shall not be liable for any loss of revenue, profit, business, contract, reputation, or for any special, consequential, indirect, exemplary, punitive damages, howsoever arising.
Termination or Suspension of Service
1. If your KrisFlyer account is suspended, you will not be able to use any KrisFlyer miles and KrisPay miles. Due to its limited validity, these KrisPay miles may expire during the suspension period. Provided the accrued KrisPay miles have not expired during the suspension period, you may use the remaining valid KrisPay miles once the suspension from KrisFlyer is lifted.
2. If your KrisFlyer account is permanently terminated, the KrisPay miles accrued shall be revoked and forfeited without compensation. Notwithstanding the suspension or permanent termination of the KrisFlyer account, you shall be liable for all damages, litigation and other associated costs, and such suspension or termination shall not be seen as a waiver by Singapore Airlines to pursue any other available remedy.
2. Singapore Airlines shall not be in breach of its obligations of confidentiality if disclosure of your confidential information is pursued in conjunction with an order of court, or is required by law or any governmental or regulatory authority. However, if the disclosure is not required with immediate effect, Singapore Airlines shall give you prior notice of such disclosure.
3. Any KrisPay miles credited to your KrisPay Wallet that are found to be ineligible will be deducted automatically.
4. The sale or barter of KrisPay miles is prohibited and will result in cancellation of these KrisPay miles. Members who breach this rule may also be liable for damages, litigation and transaction costs.
5. All transactions carried out on the KrisPay mobile application by KrisFlyer members under 12 years of age require consent from their parents or legal guardians. In countries where consent is required for members above 12 years of age, the law of the country where the transaction is conducted will apply. Singapore Airlines will not be liable for the verification of the parent’s or guardian’s signature, or for the verification of the parent’s or guardian’s authority to give consent.
6. Should KrisPay collaterals be available in other languages, the English language version shall be the only point of reference if any discrepancy arises.
Winners of KrisPay Grand Draw
Congratulations to the following winners of the KrisPay Grand Draw conducted on 31 October 2018!
|KrisPay Grand Draw||Prize||Prize Winner|
|1st Prize||A pair of Business Class tickets on the new B787 to Osaka||Mr Yap Boon Chien|
|2nd Prize||A pair of Business Class tickets on SilkAir to Cairns||Mr John Andrew Agbay|
|3rd Prize||A pair of ScootBiz tickets to any Scoot destination||Mr Tan Seng Chee|
1. Is KrisPay secure? What are the security measures used in KrisPay to protect my account?
KrisPay uses 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) as a security measure upon first log-in on a new device. You will be sent a One-Time-Password (OTP) to either your registered mobile number or email. Please ensure that your mobile number and/or email in your KrisFlyer account are/is updated correctly. After successfully logging into your KrisPay account, subsequent log-in’s will not prompt 2FA again unless the log in is made on a new mobile device.
2. What are KrisPay miles, and what is the difference between KrisFlyer miles and KrisPay miles?
With the KrisPay mobile app, KrisFlyer members can use their KrisPay miles to pay for their purchases at partner merchants. KrisPay miles are converted from KrisFlyer miles through the in-app top-up function.
3. Is there a validity period for KrisPay miles?
Your KrisPay miles are valid for 6 months from the date of top-up. Once your KrisPay miles have expired, there will be no extension of these KrisPay miles. At any time, KrisFlyer members may refer to the number of KrisPay miles expiring in the next month on your KrisPay app home page.
For example, if you transferred your KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay miles on 1 January 2019, you have until 30 June 2019 to spend your KrisPay miles.
4. What is the conversion rate between KrisFlyer miles and KrisPay miles?
1 KrisFlyer mile is equivalent to 1 KrisPay mile. Please note that the dollar value displayed on the “Top up” screen is indicative and is merely meant to provide an approximate estimate of the dollar value of your desired KrisFlyer miles.
5. I’ve transferred the wrong amount of my KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay miles. How can I reverse this?
As the conversion of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay miles is a one-way conversion, we will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that KrisFlyer miles you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top up.
6. Can I transfer KrisPay miles from a relative/friend’s KrisPay to my KrisPay, or pool my KrisPay miles together with another KrisPay user?
Peer-to-peer transfer, or pooling of KrisPay miles is not supported.
7. It is stated that 15 KrisPay miles is approximately $0.10. What does this mean?
This means you can offset approximately S$0.10 from your purchase with 15 KrisFlyer miles. This conversion rate may be subject to change. Please refer to the terms and conditions of KrisPay.
8. What if I do not have enough KrisPay miles to pay for my entire purchase?
Even if you do not have sufficient KrisPay miles for the full payment of your transaction, you can still use your KrisPay miles to partially offset the payment. Simply enter the amount of KrisPay miles you wish to use for your payment, and the cashier at our partner merchants will inform you of the remaining amount to be paid using cash/credit card, as applicable.
Alternatively, you can also top up more KrisPay miles from your KrisFlyer miles at any time.
9. How can I check that my payment using KrisPay has been successful?
You will see a payment confirmation once you have successfully paid using KrisPay. You may verify that your transaction has been successful by checking your transaction history in KrisPay.
10. Am I able to request a refund for a transaction made at a merchant store?
As payment would have already been made to the merchant, we are not able to process a refund through KrisPay. Please check with the individual merchants on their refund policy.
11. I have accidentally entered the wrong amount to pay the merchant. What should I do?
You may immediately ask the merchant to void the transaction, and re-enter the correct amount in your next transaction.
12. What permissions do I need to allow for KrisPay to work on my phone?
For the optimal experience for KrisPay, we recommend that you enable the following functions:
• Push notifications – For us to notify you of upcoming expiring KrisPay miles and the latest promotions we have.
• Camera access – In order to enable the QR code scanner to pay at merchants.
13. Can I login to my KrisPay account on multiple mobile devices?
Yes. However, for the security of your account, we urge you to logout once you’ve completed your necessary transactions.
14. Can I use the KrisPay mobile app outside of Singapore?
For now, KrisPay can be used for payments at partner merchants in Singapore only. Merchants outside Singapore will be progressively added to KrisPay, and you will be kept up to date with the latest news through the app.