We care about the journey that each passenger takes with us. So it’s our pleasure to provide care and assistance to our passengers with disabilities, whether at the airport, during the flight or when making flight connections.
We offer the following services to passengers with disabilities:
- For the visually-impaired, our cabin crew will conduct a special safety briefing before take-off and help orientate them to their surroundings. Our cabin crew will also assist in preparations for meal consumption and help identify food items.
- For the hearing-impaired, our inflight safety video is available in sign language.
- For passengers who need special seating arrangements, we will be happy to assist you. However, seats in the emergency exit row are not available due to flight safety requirements. Make your request by getting in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office or approach our airport ground staff for assistance.
While we do our best to assist all our passengers, we are unable to offer the following services:
- Assistance with feeding of meals.
- Assistance within the restroom or at the seat with defecation and/or urination.
- Provision of medical services.
Should a passenger require these services, he/she is advised to travel with a personal care assistant.
Passengers with sensory or cognitive disabilities are required to travel with a personal safety assistant if we’re unable to establish an appropriate means of communication that enables our cabin crew to articulate the safety briefing clearly.
All passengers with disabilities are encouraged to check in at least two to three hours before departure to ensure a smooth journey.
Equal Access Plan Australia
With this plan, we’re showing our commitment to being proactive in providing equal access to all passengers in Australia who require special assistance.
This is in compliance with the relevant legislative framework, as advised by Australia’s Department of Infrastructure and Transport.Learn more about the Singapore Airlines Equal Access Plan
Need more information?
If you're departing from the United Kingdom, call 0844 800 2380/0208 961 6993 or send an email to uk_reservations