mySQupgrade Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I bid for an upgrade?
Bidding provides the possibility of an upgrade at a price of your choice, and you can complete the entire bidding process online. In addition, if your bid is unsuccessful, there will be no charge and you will retain your original seat.
2. How does mySQupgrade work?
3. What do I get if my bid to upgrade is successful?
You will enjoy the full Premium Economy Class experience on the flight associated with the bid, including enhanced food & beverage options, increased baggage allowance, and priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling. Do note that the fare conditions of your ticket remain unchanged. Any accrual of KrisFlyer miles and Elite miles will be based on the original ticket.
4. How do I get invited to bid?
Invitations are made at Singapore Airlines’ sole discretion based on certain criteria and combination of factors, which are dynamic. To stand a chance of being invited, please ensure that your email address is correctly indicated when making a booking, so that we are able to contact you if you are deemed eligible.
5. I have received an invitation to bid. Are all of my flights eligible for bidding?
Not all flights in your booking are necessarily eligible for bidding. The eligible flights are decided at Singapore Airlines’ sole discretion, and will be listed in the email you have received. For example, if a flight is not operated by Singapore Airlines, or you do not have a confirmed reservation for the flight, those flights will not be eligible for bidding.
6. I have received an invitation to bid. Why do I see “Not eligible for upgrade” on the offer page after clicking on “Get Upgraded”?
Seat availability in Premium Economy Class is checked in real-time, hence it may change between the time the invitation to bid is sent and when you click on “Get Upgraded”. It is also possible that seats become available again, so you can try clicking on “Get Upgraded” at different points up till 50 hours before the flight departure time.
7. Why did someone else in my booking receive an invitation to bid but not me?
Invitations to bid are sent to one email address within the eligible booking. Although you did not receive the invitation to bid at your own email address, the person who receives the invitation will be able to bid on behalf of everyone in the booking.
8. Can I make changes to my original booking after receiving an invitation?
Bids are only valid for the specific flight/date indicated in the invitation email. If you make changes to the flight in your original booking, the bid that you submitted will be forfeited and you will not be charged. Bids submitted for other segments will not be affected.
9. How can I stop receiving invitations to bid?
Please click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our upgrade invitation emails to unsubscribe from receiving these invitations.
10. How do I select the amount I would like to bid?
You can move the slider (click and drag left or right) to indicate how much you would like to bid.
11. Is there a minimum amount I must bid?
Each flight has an assigned minimum and maximum bid value. All bids have to lie between these two values. The minimum bid value is the lowest eligible bid that will be considered.
12. Can change my bid amount or cancel my bid after I have submitted it?
Yes, you may do so up until 50 hours prior to the departure of each eligible flight. To change or cancel your bid, please click the “View / modify / cancel” link in your bid confirmation email. You can then either click on the “Modify” button or “Cancel Offer” link to modify or cancel your offer.
13. If the strength meter shows “Strong” or “Excellent” does that mean that my bid will definitely be successful?
The strength meter provides an indication of the strength of your bid, but does not mean that your bid will necessarily be successful. The success of a bid is subject to seat availability and decided at Singapore Airlines’ sole discretion.
14. How can I increase the chance of my bid’s success?
Various factors determine a bid’s success, and the success of a bid is decided at Singapore Airlines’ sole discretion. To maximise your chance of being upgraded, do consider bidding the highest amount you are willing to pay.
15. Can I see the average amount of previous successful bids?
No, this information is not shown when submitting a bid. Do consider bidding the highest amount you are willing to pay.
16. Is the bid amount for one or all passengers in my booking?
The bid you make on the offer page is on a “per passenger” basis, but it will be applicable to all passengers in the booking when submitted.
17. How do I know how many passengers I am submitting a bid for?
During the offer process, the applicable number of passengers will be shown under the “Your Offer(s)” section. This should match the number of passengers in your booking.
18. Can I submit a bid to upgrade if I am travelling with a child?
Yes, you may, as long as the child is not an infant. Do note that you can submit only one bid for all passengers in your booking, including any child, and that the bid amount for all passengers will be the same.
19. What should I do if I have multiple flights eligible for bidding in my booking and I do not want to submit a bid for some flights?
Bidding is done separately for each flight in your booking, so you should move the bid slider to the far left until you see “No Offer” for the flights you do not wish to make a bid for. Doing so indicates that you do not wish to make a bid for those flights and a bid for those flights will not be submitted.
20. Is there a time limit to submit a bid?
The offer window closes 50 hours prior to the departure of each eligible flight. Please note that changes can be made up until this time, even if you have already submitted a bid.
21. Are there any alternative means to submit a bid?
No, the only way to submit a bid is to click on the link to the offer page, which can be found in our email invites.
22. What forms of payment are accepted?
The accepted forms of payment are American Express, Mastercard or Visa credit cards.
23. Do you accept payment with KrisFlyer miles?
Payment with KrisFlyer miles is currently not accepted. You can perform a redemption upgrade with miles, by logging in to your KrisFlyer account and accessing your booking.
24. Can I pay with two different credit cards?
No. Each bid you submit can only be paid for using one credit card.
25. Will I be charged anything if my bid is unsuccessful?
Payment will only be deducted from your credit card if/when your bid is successful.
26. Why was an authorisation request placed against my credit card?
Upon submission of your offer, an authorisation request will be made against your credit card. This step is part of the validation process, and your credit card will not be charged the request amount.
27. Will I have to pay any taxes or fees when bidding for an upgrade?
All applicable pre-payable airline taxes and fees are covered by the total amount shown on the offer confirmation screen. Do note that your payment card issuer may impose additional fees or charges. Please contact your payment card issuer should you have any queries regarding the final amount charged.
28. How do I identify a payment for a bid on my credit card statement?
Any payment for a bid will be labelled with “SINGAPOREAIR MYSQUPGRADE”.
29. What should I do if I receive an error when clicking to submit my bid?
Please go back through the offer process using the “Back” button on the offer pages (using the back button of your browser will not work) and check that you have entered all details correctly. If you still receive an error message, please contact us.
30. What should I do if I did not receive a bid confirmation email after submitting my bid?
Please allow 2-4 hours for the bid confirmation email to be generated. Please also check the spam folder of your email account. If you still do not receive a bid confirmation email, please contact us.
31. Can I call Singapore Airlines to submit my bid?
No, all bids can only be accepted online.
32. Can I change my payment card after I have submitted my offer?
Yes, you can do so up until the deadline noted in your bid confirmation email. To change your payment card, please cancel your bid by clicking on the “View / modify / cancel” link in your bid confirmation email, and then re-submit it via either the cancel confirmation screen or the cancel confirmation email you would have received.
33. Can I submit a bid after the offer window has closed?
You will not be able to submit a bid after the offer window has closed. All bids must be submitted at least 50 hours prior to departure for the relevant flight segment.
34. How and when will I know the outcome of my bid?
You will be informed of the outcome of your bid via email any time prior to 40 hours before departure.
35. What happens if I am not upgraded?
You will not be charged, and will retain your original booking.
36. If my bid is unsuccessful, will I be told why?
No, we do not specify why a bid is unsuccessful. Please note that the outcome of your bid is determined by a combination of various factors.
37. How is the outcome of a bid determined?
We take several criteria into consideration when assessing an upgrade bid. These include, but are not limited to, the value of the bid, the value of other bids, and the number of Premium Economy seats available.
38. Can I transfer a successful bid to another flight?
Successful bids are non-transferable, non-refundable, and are only valid on the specific flight/date the bid was submitted for.
39. Can I increase my bid after I find out that it is unsuccessful?
No, you cannot do so as the offer window would already be closed. It is thus important to put your best bid during bid submission to maximise your chances of being upgraded.
40. Will all special requests from my original booking be applicable for my upgraded flight segment?
Yes, applicable special requests from your original booking will be carried over to your upgraded flight segment. Please note that seat preferences cannot be guaranteed.
41. If I am traveling in a group and we have already selected seats together in Economy Class, will we also be assigned seats together in Premium Economy Class?
No, it is not possible to maintain seating arrangements after the upgrade is confirmed. We cannot guarantee the availability of multiple seats together at the point when your upgrade is confirmed, as others who purchased Premium Economy Class tickets earlier would already have selected their seats.
42. Can I select my seat in my upgraded cabin class?
Yes, you can do so after you check-in online. If you had selected a seat in Economy Class prior to your upgrade being confirmed, this selection will no longer be valid and you will have to select a seat in Premium Economy Class after checking in online. Please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of multiple seats together at the point when your upgrade is confirmed, as others who purchased Premium Economy Class tickets earlier would already have selected their seats.
43. Can I change/cancel my flight after it has been upgraded?
Your ability to change/cancel your flight will depend on the fare conditions of your original ticket, but your upgrade will be forfeited should you choose to change/cancel your flight as an upgrade bid is non-transferrable and non-refundable once successful. If your original ticket is refundable, do note that you can refund your ticket through the Manage Booking feature. You will not be able to change your original ticket through the Manage Booking feature once you have been upgraded and will have to contact your local Reservation & Ticketing office to make any further changes.