Delayed or damaged baggage
We understand that baggage is an important part of your journey. If your baggage did not arrive with you or is damaged, we will do everything we can to recover, repair, and return your baggage.
- Delayed Baggage
- Damaged baggage
Follow the simple steps below to file a report. This applies only if the last flight in your itinerary is operated by Singapore Airlines, otherwise lodge your report with the operating airline.
1. Lodge a report: A delayed baggage report can be lodged online or at the Lost & Found Office at the arrival airport. Ensure that you receive a copy of the report.
2. Receive your reference number: You will receive a 10-character File Reference Number to be used for future correspondence regarding your case.
3. Get status updates: We will send email updates for up to seven days. Alternatively, you can also access the baggage portal here.
In the unlikely event that your baggage is still not located after seven days, you can contact our local Lost & Found Office for a baggage claim form to file a claim. Alternatively, you can make a claim through your travel insurance.
If your checked baggage arrived damaged, immediately make a report at the airport.
If your flight arrived in Singapore within the last 72 hours and was operated by Singapore Airlines, lodge a report here.
If your flight operated by Singapore Airlines arrived after 72 hours, please lodge a report using the webform here, within 7 days of your flight arrival.
Please note our liability for damaged baggage is based on our Conditions of Carriage and/or the Warsaw or Montreal Conventions, unless a higher value has been declared in advance, our liability remains limited.
We are also not responsible for baggage damage due to normal wear and tear, which includes:
- Cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and marks;
- Damage to or loss of protruding parts, including straps, pockets, pull handles, hangar hooks, wheels, external locks, security straps, or zipper tabs;
- Damage due to improper or overpacking;
- Baggage accepted under the conditions of the Limited Release Tag - including items retrieved or confiscated by airport authorities or security personnel.
Please do not include valuables, important documents or money in your checked baggage. Your fragile or perishable items should not be carried in checked baggage as well.