Help and FAQs
Covid-19 related support
Learn more about our latest support measures regarding Covid-19:
Complimentary Rebooking PolicySupport for KrisFlyer members (including miles and membership tier extension)Support for PPS Club members (including membership tier extension)Travel to SingaporeFlights cancelled by Singapore Airlines
For all other travel information regarding Covid-19, visit the Travel Information Centre.
Online / Mobile check-in means checking in for your flight through our website or SingaporeAir mobile app. Eligible passengers may also obtain a digital or mobile boarding pass when departing from selected cities
Online/Mobile check-in is available to all passengers, except those who:
- are below the age of 18, and not accompanied by an adult passenger (above the age of 18);
- have one or more preceding flights in the same booking for which the passengers have not checked in; or
- are Australian citizens and permanent residents exiting Australia, due to the Australian Border Control requirements.
Yes, you can check in on our website or through the SingaporeAir mobile app, get your digital or mobile boarding pass, and proceed to the airport check-in counter on the day of your departure to drop off your bags.
If you are departing from Singapore, Bangalore, Copenhagen, London, Los Angeles, Paris, San Francisco or Tokyo (Narita) you may use the check-in kiosks to print your baggage tag(s) before proceeding to the bag drop counter to drop off your bags.
For security reasons, immigration and customs authorities go through a comprehensive process of checking the personal details you provide before you arrive. It’s important for you to ensure the information you provide is correct and up-to-date, as any inaccuracies may cause delays in immigration clearance and other inconveniences when you arrive at the airport. The passport details you provide should also be that of the passport you’ll carry with you when you travel.
Your check-in is complete once you arrive at the confirmation page online.
Depending on your city of departure, you may be eligible for digital or mobile boarding passes. If so, these boarding passes will be available for download. Find out the cities where you’ll be eligible for digital and mobile boarding passes.
There are four types of boarding passes:
- Boarding passes that are printed and issued at the airport check-in counter
- Digital boarding passes in PDF format
- Mobile boarding passes, issued on your SingaporeAir mobile app
- Kiosk boarding passes, which are printed at the airport check-in kiosks (where available)
Generating your boarding pass or downloading it to your mobile device before you go to the airport will help you avoid the queue at the check-in counter. If you have bags to check in or travel documents to verify, you can proceed to the bag drop counters. If you don’t, you can proceed directly to immigration.
Some airports may require you to verify your travel documents at the check-in counter even if you have obtained your digital or mobile boarding passes. Please check with the airline or airport customer service counter if unsure.
If you're unable to generate or download your digital or mobile boarding pass, you can get your boarding pass from the airport check-in counter on the day of your departure.
Please be at the airport counter at least 90 minutes before your flight if you have bags to check in. If you have no bags to check in, please collect your boarding pass before closure of check-in counters. If your boarding pass isn’t collected by then, your check-in may be cancelled and your seat may be reassigned.
For the opening hours of Singapore Airlines check-in counters at airports around the world, click here.
You can get a digital or mobile boarding pass if you are not required to have your travel document verified before you fly.
Please refer to the link on the airports that you can utilise your digital or mobile boarding passes.
Yes, many airports may provide a dedicated counter to passengers who have checked in online. Furthermore, passengers who have not selected their seats will be able to do so at no additional charge during online check-in.
Upon successful online/mobile check-in, and if you are not required to have your travel document verified before you fly, you can generate a digital or mobile boarding pass.
You may be prompted to verify your pre-departure test or vaccination certificate during online/mobile check-in, where this service is available, to facilitate the issuance of boarding pass.
For countries that require additional documentation checks, you may not be able to generate your digital boarding pass online. For such cases, please proceed to the airport check-in counter to obtain your boarding pass.
You may receive a printed boarding pass at the airport check-in counter if you’ve requested a change of seat or if operational factors, such as a change of aircraft, require it.
The Singapore Airlines check-in kiosks are located at the following airports:
- Singapore Changi Terminal 2 (Row 3) and Terminal 3 (Rows 3 and 4)
- Bengaluru Kempegowda International Terminal
- Copenhagen Airport Terminal 3
- Frankfurt Airport Terminal 1 (Concourse C)
- Hong Kong International Terminal 1 (Aisle F)
- Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (Island C & D)
- Los Angeles Tom Bradley International Terminal (Aisle C)
- Melbourne Airport Terminal 2 (Zone M)
- Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Terminal 2 (Island A/B/D)
- Perth Airport Terminal 1 (Counter 8-14)
- San Francisco International Terminal (Aisle 4)
- Tokyo Narita Terminal 1 South Wing (Zone G)
1. On the home screen, select ‘Singapore Airlines’.
2. Read and agree to the terms and conditions on carrying dangerous goods.
3. Retrieve your booking by either:
- Scanning your passport
- Scanning the barcode on your digital or mobile boarding pass
- Entering your e-ticket number (10 digits, starting with 618)
- Entering your Booking Reference (6 alphanumeric characters), if you’re checking in more than one passenger
4. Once your booking has been retrieved, place your passport, photo page face down, on the reader. Make sure to insert your passport into the reader completely.
5. To select or change your seat, tap Seat Map. Then complete your check-in by tapping Confirm Check-in.
Alternatively you may continue to check in the other passengers in your booking, up to a total of five passengers.
Each passenger must hold a valid passport and/or visa to be allowed entry into each destination in your itinerary. Singapore Airlines will not be held responsible if you are denied entry by the local authorities.
6. If you have bags to check in, tap Yes. If not, tap No, and your boarding pass will be printed right away.
You should keep only the most recent copy of your boarding pass for each flight with you. Any older copies of your boarding pass should be deleted from your mobile device, disposed of or handed to any of our check-in agents to avoid any inconvenience at the airport.
7. Select the number of bags you’re checking in for each passenger in your booking. If you have more than three bags, tap the > sign to check in up to 10 bags. Tap View Allowance Details to see your total baggage allowance.
You’ll need to approach the airport check-in counter if:
- your passport or visa is not machine-readable
- your booking is not confirmed, or you’re on a waitlist
- you or the passenger you’re checking in is an unaccompanied minor
- you’ve booked an extra seat (for instance, for a musical instrument)
- you require special assistance (for instance, you’re travelling with a pet, you require medical assistance, or you’ve requested for the meet-and-assist service)